Closed Solved

Looking for new headset

Wasnt sure where else to stick this :p
Anyways, I'm looking for a new headset. I want something thats comfy, good sound quality, and most of all has a good mic. My current mic is pumped up to max volume and on +10DB boost and u can still barely hear me :/ I dont really have a set budget, but I would like to keep it down to about $50-$70. If someone can find a good one for cheaper, thats great! And I'm going to be using this primarily for gaming, and gaming on PC (so a PC headset).
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking headset
  1. Best answer
  2. I got the Corsair one mentioned above and it is great, it only cost me £30. Very comfortable and good sound/mic quality.
  3. So wait, um doesnt every computer have a sound card? Lol. Well I can get sound via my integrated speakers on my monitor, so I guess that means I should have one? lol. so im also assuming that if i have a sound card like i thought, then i should go for the second one?
  4. the problen is you probly have an integrated sound card so your audio quality isn't great so you should probably go for a usb headset if you want better quality. I have a pair of g930s and love them theier around $90 though but are well worth it imo
  5. So wait, um doesnt every computer have a sound card? Lol. Well I can get sound via my integrated speakers on my monitor, so I guess
    No they have an onboard audio chip.It's not a sound card.
    A sound card is a seperate pci/pci-e component.
    Hence the reason Corsair makes two models.
    USB for those with onboard sound.
    The non-usb version for card users.
  6. ah so i prolly dont have a sound card lol. Yea I guess that means USB ones lol. And froom what the other guy said the USB one's are better quality, so I guess its a good deal. Thanks!
  7. Best answer selected by nadim615.
  8. nadim615 said:
    ah so i prolly dont have a sound card lol. Yea I guess that means USB ones lol. And froom what the other guy said the USB one's are better quality, so I guess its a good deal. Thanks!

The other guy is simply pointing out the obvious.
    CA-HS1 USB - for onboard sound users they have audio drivers built in the headset
    CA-HS1A - for discrete sound card users/don't need analog audio drivers already have them
    Thx for the BA.
    Hope they're good i'm thinking about grabbing a set.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Gaming Headsets Gaming Components