Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Looking for new headset

Last response: in Components
October 13, 2011 1:28:20 AM

Wasnt sure where else to stick this :p 
Anyways, I'm looking for a new headset. I want something thats comfy, good sound quality, and most of all has a good mic. My current mic is pumped up to max volume and on +10DB boost and u can still barely hear me :/  I dont really have a set budget, but I would like to keep it down to about $50-$70. If someone can find a good one for cheaper, thats great! And I'm going to be using this primarily for gaming, and gaming on PC (so a PC headset).

More about : headset

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
October 13, 2011 3:37:22 AM

Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1 USB
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=55389&vpn=CA%2DHS1NA&m...
If you have a sound card buy these
Corsair Gaming Audio Series CA-HS1A
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=57900&vpn=CA%2DHS1ANA&...
October 13, 2011 8:08:46 AM

I got the Corsair one mentioned above and it is great, it only cost me £30. Very comfortable and good sound/mic quality.

Score
Related resources
October 14, 2011 12:18:02 AM

So wait, um doesnt every computer have a sound card? Lol. Well I can get sound via my integrated speakers on my monitor, so I guess that means I should have one? lol. so im also assuming that if i have a sound card like i thought, then i should go for the second one?
Score
October 14, 2011 12:24:33 AM

the problen is you probly have an integrated sound card so your audio quality isn't great so you should probably go for a usb headset if you want better quality. I have a pair of g930s and love them theier around $90 though but are well worth it imo
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 14, 2011 1:07:19 AM

2376782,4,645264 said:
So wait, um doesnt every computer have a sound card? Lol. Well I can get sound via my integrated speakers on my monitor, so I guess
No they have an onboard audio chip.It's not a sound card.
A sound card is a seperate pci/pci-e component.
Hence the reason Corsair makes two models.
USB for those with onboard sound.
The non-usb version for card users.
Score
October 15, 2011 3:50:39 AM

ah so i prolly dont have a sound card lol. Yea I guess that means USB ones lol. And froom what the other guy said the USB one's are better quality, so I guess its a good deal. Thanks!
Score
October 15, 2011 3:52:30 AM

Best answer selected by nadim615.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
October 15, 2011 4:05:25 AM

nadim615 said:
ah so i prolly dont have a sound card lol. Yea I guess that means USB ones lol. And froom what the other guy said the USB one's are better quality, so I guess its a good deal. Thanks!

The other guy is simply pointing out the obvious.
CA-HS1 USB - for onboard sound users they have audio drivers built in the headset
CA-HS1A - for discrete sound card users/don't need analog audio drivers already have them
Thx for the BA.
Hope they're good i'm thinking about grabbing a set.
Score
!