Sign in with
Your question

Sound not working from pc to LCD tv with HDMI

Last response: in Systems
July 16, 2011 3:41:46 AM

I have just bought a new pc . company preinstalled it.

-Antec EA650 PSU
-Asus HD6950 DIRECTCU II 2GB DDR5 GPU
-INTEL CORE I5 2500K CPU
-GSKILL RIPJAWS X 8 GB RAM
-WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB BLACK 3.5" HDD
- Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech MX518 Mouse
-TP-LINK TL-WN781N 1
NETWORK CARD -Via PCIE SLOT
-ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard
-COOLERMASTER STORM ENFORCER Case

-The sound isn't working. I have plugged the hdmi cable from my lcd tv screen into the provided dvi - hdmi adapter which
goes into the dvi slot on the graphics card and there is no sound? I have looked in control panels sound options ,it is just on the default.
I have installed ati catalyst with the hdmi sound driver , but it wont let me enable the ati hdmi driver on sound options .please help i know you must hear this
question alot

More about : sound working lcd hdmi

July 16, 2011 4:57:40 AM

dvi doesn't carry sound...hdmi does sound and audio...no hdmi port on card? Maybe i'm wrong about the sound part but believe that is correct
m
l
July 16, 2011 5:24:51 AM

jeremy1183 said:
dvi doesn't carry sound...hdmi does sound and audio...no hdmi port on card? Maybe i'm wrong about the sound part but believe that is correct

There is no hdmi port on the motherboard or graphics card ..So i used the hdmi -dvi adapter which i plugged into the dvi port .I am not sure if i am missing something here , like do i need another cable or something for the audio . im not sure :fou: 
m
l
July 16, 2011 5:33:17 AM

I dont know much about it...hopefully somebody else will chime in on this...but i think the SPDIF cable or whatever its called can carry audio. Some of the newer cards have them built it in them next to the power cable plug ins....and i believe all new hdtv's have the inputs also....like i said i dont know much about them or pay very much attention to them.
m
l
!