Performance Issues in new 990XA-UD3 Rev 1.1

Saxm13

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Greetings all!

Recently just upgraded to the 990XA-UD3 from the MSI 870-g45.

Liking it alot soo far except that I'm experiencing horrible performance dips compared to the MSI.

Before the MSI was running using the auto-oc switches which bumped my AMD 1090t from 3.2ghz to 3.8ghz. Ran perfectly for the longest time till it failed out of the blue recently.

Heard good things about this board so I picked it up from NCIX for about $150.

After I transferred all my components I noticed just about every part took a huge nose dive in performance.

SSD takes waaaaaaaaaay longer to log in, even after installing AHCI drivers and switching modes.

Slower performance in Windows with occassional bouts of random lag and especially when using 3D editing software.

Anytime attempts to overclock manually in the BIOS are met with the CPU instantly hiking in temperature to 50C and prompting temperature warnings (which the MSI never did).

To my knowledge everything is installed with the latest drivers and the new case contains about 5 fans so cooling shouldn't be a problem.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Saxm13

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Ok I fixed the SSD issues by repairing my Window installation. As for the overclocking I managed to get it running mostly stable by increasing the FSB from 200 to 240.