Sign in with
Your question

AMD FX value?

Last response: in CPUs
October 13, 2011 3:25:53 AM

I am just curious what everyone else is thinking about AMD's Bulldozer release. It seems everyone that was anticipating this is disappointed, I know I am. However I wouldn't say they are bad CPU's I just don't believe they are competitive at the prices they were released at.
If AMD dropped the prices say $30-$40 for each CPU (maybe not the 4 core) would that change peoples perspective? I would almost be satisfied with a 6100 if it were $150. Any chance AMD can salvage this with a reasonable price drop and keep people interested?

More about : amd

a b à CPUs
October 13, 2011 12:02:27 PM

^^ Not really, as the Phenom II X6 would still be more attractive then the 8000 series FX chips, and the 4000 series FX chips would still not be attractive compared ot the Phenom II X4.

For people already with Phenom II setups, there is very little reason to upgrade at this point. The performance isn't there to justify it.
a b à CPUs
October 13, 2011 12:05:08 PM

gamerk316 said:
^^ Not really, as the Phenom II X6 would still be more attractive then the 8000 series FX chips, and the 4000 series FX chips would still not be attractive compared ot the Phenom II X4.

For people already with Phenom II setups, there is very little reason to upgrade at this point. The performance isn't there to justify it.

You still get a little performance bump.In some apps though very few.
!