Mario Kart Super Circuit - Is It Just Me?

Is it just me, or does "Mario Kart Super Circuit" have AI that freaking
CHEATS?

I.e., whenever you are playing really good (and have a really good lead),
the AI all of a sudden either degrades your performance or gives the AI
karts some type of miracle that allows them to catch up. This "catch-up AI"
has come close to having my GBA-SP thrown against a wall! (I don't want to
risk playing it on the DS for that reason.) Well, I wouldn't actually throw
it against a wall -- but why are you "penalized" for good performance? Ugh!

Cheers,
-ES

On 2005-02-19, Eras <none@nospam.none.not> wrote:
> Is it just me, or does "Mario Kart Super Circuit" have AI that freaking
> CHEATS?
>
> I.e., whenever you are playing really good (and have a really good lead),
> the AI all of a sudden either degrades your performance or gives the AI
> karts some type of miracle that allows them to catch up. This "catch-up AI"
> has come close to having my GBA-SP thrown against a wall! (I don't want to
> risk playing it on the DS for that reason.) Well, I wouldn't actually throw
> it against a wall -- but why are you "penalized" for good performance? Ugh!

You're not alone. I've experienced that. You should check out the new game
"Racing Gears Advanced". It's fun and doesn't seem to have the same
cheating AI. It's a different kind of game, but fun.

Preston

> Is it just me, or does "Mario Kart Super Circuit" have AI that
> freaking CHEATS?
>
> I.e., whenever you are playing really good (and have a really good
> lead), the AI all of a sudden either degrades your performance or
> gives the AI karts some type of miracle that allows them to catch up.
> This "catch-up AI" has come close to having my GBA-SP thrown against a
> wall! (I don't want to risk playing it on the DS for that reason.)
> Well, I wouldn't actually throw it against a wall -- but why are you
> "penalized" for good performance? Ugh!
>
> Cheers,
> -ES

I have not played this game on the GBA, but have read a way to avoid this,
is to stay in a close second, and only take the lead at the very end of the
race. Sounds risky, but that is what I have read.

TRENDING THREADS