Sapphire HD5770 Flex, How to setup 4 monitors?

shanghai_stin

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Got a new 5770 Flex card installing on windows 2008R2 x64.
After installing Catalyst suite, nothing happens, then manually search for the driver, video card then got recognized.
then the problems:
1. Can max on 3 monitors, not the 4th. Must I have an active DP adaptor to get the 4th monitor working?
- I heard some people use a DP to VGA adaptor to enable eyefinity. would that work for the 4th monitor? would a DP to DVI with a DVI to VGA be the same as a DP to VGA (all passive adators.)

2. CCC doesn't showup. not in the right click, not in the system. in fact, the entire ATI Technology installation tree is empty.
- Rebooted many times, re-intalled many times, tried sapphire's driver, tried AMD's driver. none seems to work. all ended up with the empty installation folder

Does anyone have any idea about these problems?
Many thanks here.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Exactly what graphics card do you have installed? Looking on Newegg, the only "Flex" HD 5770 I could find is this Sapphire HD 5770 which only supports three monitors in Eyefinity.

According to AMD's Eyefinity Setup page, in order to run four monitors on a single card, you need to have a graphics card that has at least two displayport outputs.

As far as Catalyst Control Center not showing up, I can't say anything other that it doesn't appear that AMD support that card on a Windows Server 2008 R2 platform. You should probably contact them directly and see what driver download package (including CCC) you should use.

-Wolf sends

shanghai_stin

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

It is a Sapphire 5770 Flex. I rechecked their web site, I must have an Active DP Adaptor to enable 4 monitors.
anyway. the CCC is still bugging me, I had an old X1900XTX before, and CCC was installed no problem. donno what's new in the package causing the installation installs nothing.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Apologies. I didn't realize you were looking for four independent monitor connections.

Concerning CCC in Server 2008 R2, I did some googling and found this thread. Maybe it will help.

http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1430&p=8183

Essentially, it says to install an older version of the driver suite (10.6 or earlier). This will get you the CCC install. Then manually install the latest driver.

-Wolf sends

shanghai_stin

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Cool~!
I'll give it a try.
Thanks for the info Wolfshadw!