Could do with alittle help all

Judas859

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
Hello all

ive been running the 4870 x2 card for about 2 years ish and never really felt ive got the most out of it,

ive not long noticed while playing BC2 that my GPU balance is terrible, one GPU was at 90% with the clock speeds up, and the other was at like 30% with standard clock speeds,

Ive toggled with all the setting i could find ive just updated to the latest Catalyst Version 11.4 and nothing changed at all.

would anyone have an idea as im at a lose?

thank you for reading.

Not all games take advtange of multplie card setups.So it's normal to see a card not being utlized at all.

You can try downloading crossfire profiles.On the same page you download CCC at the bottom on the left side of the screen their should be ATI Catalyst Application Profiles.Try that.

Judas859

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
i do have the latest crossfire profile and just rolled back my drivers to 11.2 as it runs better for me
i have try afew more games and it does the same thing one GPU was at 90% the other at 30%

It's probably the game then.Very few games actually take full advantage of crossfire and SLI.That is why it's always best to go with a more powerful single card.

Why have you just noticed this? Can you tell because of the performance or you've just started to look into it?

Judas859

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
i was comparing spec's and fps with my with my brother, his pcs slower than mine,

And hes getting 10 fps average more then me, so we started just going through what it could be,

We checked heat, drivers, setting anything we could think of, and we downloaded GPU-Z and that were i noticed the unbalance

Judas859

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
every game seems to have the same story from , crysis 1/2 , dragon age 1/2, mass effect 1/2, one GPU seems to be taking all the load

Try downloading GPU-Z and posting a pic of info for both GPU's (at the bottom left corner of first tab).

If you do have it enabled or not, it'll tell you on this page. I'm not positive if these double GPU's give you an option within CCC for crossfire, or if it's just automatically done. This will verify that there is a problem with your crossfire.

Markie175

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Corssfire is enabled at hardware level for the x2 products. There is no option to enable crossfire within the driver unless a second card is installed.

Whilst that may true of Crossfire I have found that the vast majority of games from the last six or seven years have taken full advantage of SLi and as such both cards in my various setups usually get maxed out.

Markie175

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Been having a search around and the general nosie is that the 10.5a are the best drivers for the 4870x2. Give that a go with the latest 11.4cap2 profiles and see if thats any better for you.