KazumaCTHDWE

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Right, long-story short, I have two on-paper builds that are roughly the same price (give-take 30-40$ either way) for two systems, totally identical only for two differences:

1. system A has a ATI 6870 with a 2TB WD Black
2. system B has a Nvidia 560 TI with a 1TB WD Black

Either at this point AFAIK will serve my needs, though I'm not really too sure on the 2TB drive, sounds like its the old too-many-eggs-in-1-basket problem that if it fails, ouch. Then again I feel that the 560 TI may be cheating myself too much money, but the CUDA support is valuable to me as I'm considering moving up to Adobe CS5...

So, should I stick with the 560 TI or go ATI?

Solution
dont ever trust a single drive with your data, EVER - they can fail at any time for no reason ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA

get whatever size hdd you think you will need/use and if you think you need CUDA get the nvidia card then

either choice is a good choice

as for your build, i hope your using a good motherboard (ASUS or gigabyte, not MSI etc), good PSU etc and your using windows 7....
dont ever trust a single drive with your data, EVER - they can fail at any time for no reason ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA

get whatever size hdd you think you will need/use and if you think you need CUDA get the nvidia card then

either choice is a good choice

as for your build, i hope your using a good motherboard (ASUS or gigabyte, not MSI etc), good PSU etc and your using windows 7....

Solution