Sign in with
Your question

P8Z77 Toslink No Sound

Last response: in Motherboards
July 7, 2012 12:34:25 AM

I am using an Asus Asus P8Z77 that has a port for toslink. I received my cable in the mail today and I can't get sound to come out of it. I was previously using a regular old audio jack but I wanted to give the cooler option a try, are there any settings I can change to make this work?

Thanks for your help.

More about : p8z77 toslink sound

October 24, 2012 3:00:44 PM

chicagojoe16 said:
I am using an Asus Asus P8Z77 that has a port for toslink. I received my cable in the mail today and I can't get sound to come out of it. I was previously using a regular old audio jack but I wanted to give the cooler option a try, are there any settings I can change to make this work?

Thanks for your help.

there are options that change the standard bitrate (up to 24bit/192kHz afaik), maybe your speaker system does not support what it is set to.
I have the same motherboard and my problem with the Toslink is that the system (win7 64b) activates and deactivates the port with a loud crackling sound for each individual played sound, maybe a power save feature but SO annoying and I havent figured out wheere to constantly activate the optical out port.
!