Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EMachines ET1810-03 ~ ATI Radeon 5770 No display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2011 1:21:36 AM

Hi, I recently purchased a ATI Radeon 5770 with a 550W power supply for this EMachines ET1810-03.

I've got everything installed and connected properly on the inside. I have disabled the drivers for the integrated card that's in the PC via device manager, and installed the new card. When I try to plug in my CRT monitor with the adapter that comes with the new card, there's no display. All the fans are working properly; no beeps or errors to any degree. I installed the new drivers as well. The PC just won't boot up, yet when I connect the cables to the integrated card on the motherboard, it boots right up.

What I believe the problem might be is that the integrated card still has priority over the new card. Would anyone have any idea as to solve this problem?

Best solution

a c 171 U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 2:00:56 AM

so is it booting up properly and you not getting any display through the 5770? you need to disable your onboard video in BIOS setup and/or set PCIE slot as the primary display.
May 6, 2011 2:36:10 AM

Yes, it boots normally with the integrated card. I just can't seem to find the option of where to disable it via BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
a c 171 U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 4:50:31 AM

there should at least be an option something along the lines of "init display first" and give you the option to chose pcie slot. or "Primary display - Pcie slot". Should be in "advanced setup" or "integrated peripherals" menu
m
l
May 6, 2011 5:19:07 AM

I saw a "init display first" option under Advanced setup, and there were only two options within: A "PCIe" and a "PCI". It was already set to "PCIe". Again, the PC still will not boot with the card. The onboard video card still has priority over the other card. Is there anything else that might work to make the PCIe slot the primary display?
m
l
May 6, 2011 7:03:27 AM

Please disregard this thread. I've found the problem. Wiring error. Newbie mistake. Thank you for your assistance.
m
l
May 6, 2011 7:03:39 AM

Best answer selected by HTS250sx.
m
l
a c 171 U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 11:35:46 AM

glad you figured it out. did you forget to plug in the extra power connector?
m
l
!