P8Z77-V + 2500k = TERRIBLE PERFORMANCE help please!!!!!

steadfast9661

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
new system build, 2500k i5, P8Z77-V, Kingston KHX 1600C9D3K4, Diamond ATI 7850 2gig.

I've built my share of systems, and i MUST be doing something wrong, this has been a terrible build out. Everything is very slow, arma, battlefield 3 all run at 15-20 FPS, #dmark score is at 1k....I have reset cmos/bios to defaults, have tinkered with them as well, no luck. Memory is showing up a 1333 i believe (may be wrong) and i know thats the wring speed, its 1600. Performance in windows is "ok". My Windows experience is 5.9. I had trouble getting the Video card drivers installed and originally had a Windows index of 1.0, i thought that was the problem, didn't change a thing. Also when i use auto tune for what its worth, it says i made it to 4+ghz but in actuality its more like 100mhz, once i do this i have to clear cmos. Something is wrong in the bios settings im just missing it...
OaRNv.jpg

9P5mx.jpg

3dmark11.
Score

Version: 1.0.3
SystemInfo Version: 4.9
7/6/12 9:33:03 AM
Id: 3819976
Now running
ASRock Z77 Competition
Open contest for all users with ASRock Z77 motherboards. Login or register to enter!

Prizes worth $10,000. Contest runs June 11 - July 9, 2012.
Score
P1080 3DMarks
Graphics Score
2280 Physics Score
454 Combined Score
376 PC Health Check
It looks like your PC should score better. Here are some suggestions to get more performance out of your PC
Scoring lower than you should?
Viruses may affect your benchmark score. Make sure your system is clean with Bitdefender QuickScan. It's free and only takes seconds.

Scan my system Result hiding is not allowed for Basic Edition results
The result is hidden and will not be shown for example on leaderboards or search.
Your result has the following problem(s):
Graphics driver is not approved (What is this?)
Add to compare
Name Cancel Description Cancel Similar Systems Scores
Graphics Card Graphics CardAMD Radeon HD 7850
VendorUnknown# of cards1SLI / CrossFireOff Memory2048 MBCore clock300 MHzMemory clock150 MHzDriver nameDriver version8.981.2.0Driver statusNot FM Approved
Processor ProcessorIntel Core i5-2500K Processor
Processor clock1442 MHzPhysical / logical processors1 / 4# of cores4 General Operating system64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8Z77-V LXMemory16384 MBModule 14096 MB Kingston 9 @ 667 MHzModule 24096 MB Kingston 9 @ 667 MHzModule 34096 MB Kingston 9 @ 667 MHzModule 44096 MB Kingston 9 @ 667 MHzHard drive model500GB WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device Detailed scores
3DMark ScoreP1080Graphics Score2280Physics Score454Combined Score376Graphics Test 16.59 FPS Graphics Test 219.72 FPS Graphics Test 320.8 FPS Graphics Test 46.54 FPS Physics Test1.44 FPS Combined Test1.75 FPS Settings
Default settings usedYes EditionBasicScreen Width1280Screen Height720Msaa Sample Count1Texture Filtering ModeTrilinearMax Af Anisotropy1Tessellation Detail5Max Tessellation Factor10ShadowMapSize5Shadow Cascade Count4Surface Shadow Sample Count16Volumetric Illumination Quality5Ambient Occlusion Quality5Depth Of Field Quality5Enable Window ModeOffEnable Vertical SyncOffEnable Triple BufferingOffEnable WireframeOffColor Saturation100%

first off use the usb flash back if your mb has it like the sabertooth mb and install the 3 new bios updates. they put new cpu and ram code on the asus bios. in the bios under the ai setting you have to change the dram speed from auto to xmp for 1600 speed. for more help in overclocking look to asus rog forum for help setting your mb up. i dont do overclocking so im not to sure of the settings in the bios. there are a few that you have to take off auto in the bios to do high over clocks.
also dont forget to install the newest intel chipset drivers..if you dont the pci bus and your video card wont work right.
also make sure you have your monitor plugged into the gpu and not the onboard video. in the bios you want to set the pci-e as the first video device. dont install the mvp software it bloatware. on my sabertooth i have the onboard video turned off.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v340/plushdragon/?action=view&current=cpu-z.jpg

no it not..the new intel cpu and mb have energy saving speedstep built into the mb and cpu..unless you load it down with a game..cpu0z will show that slow speed. if you want to max out the cpu always go in turn off intel speed step and under cpu power management turn off all the c states. then reboot and rerun cpu-z you see that your cpu does not throttle back. i did that on my bios to show you i can max the cpu speed out always if i wanted too.
also turn off epu power savings in the bios..that keep the system from slowing the cpu down.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/plushdragon/powersavingson.jpg

i saw on your image was that 81c a real cpu temp?? if it was your cpu is cooking and the heat sink not on right. check it with open hardware monitor. if the gpu is 81c then the chip slowing down do to to much heat. you need a chip at 30-50c before you start to overclock it. if your using the stock heat sink make sure the legs are all the way into the mb.

open the case up and check that the cpu fan is moving 71c is too hot. did the cooler have the thermal paste on it??
a lot people forget to use it if it does not have it already on. if it did have it on did you pull the plastic covering on the heat sink off??