Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does my comp support ddr5

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 6, 2011 3:29:23 AM

Hello,
I am running an old dell precision workstation with original mobo and upgraded to a ddr5 memory graphics card. It says the memory on the G.c. isnt available w/the gpu meter I'm using. any suggestions?

More about : comp support ddr5

a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 3:33:12 AM

WHat "gpu meter"? As long as the PSU is sufficient, and your MB supports PCIe 2/2.1 cards, you might simply be dealing with old 'gpu meter' software and/or OS, whatever that is...

What chipset/socket format/cpu and OS are you running?
May 6, 2011 3:36:01 AM

its the latest from gadgets in windows 7
Related resources
May 6, 2011 3:40:12 AM

The mb is dell og932. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit dual core processor(srry, not comp savvy at all) pentium d 840?
May 6, 2011 3:42:42 AM

i955x is the chipset...
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2011 5:57:36 AM

It supports it. You'll be fine. Just make sure to install the latest drivers from NVidia/AMD.
May 6, 2011 7:38:39 PM

dalauder said:
It supports it. You'll be fine. Just make sure to install the latest drivers from NVidia/AMD.

Ive got msi after burner and the shader clock isnt available. my psu is only 375w... and it takes a 6 pin power caqble,(which I have) but my frame rate isnt any better THen zotac gt220 ddr3. Ive got the latest drivers from amd i could find. thx for the help Btw :hello: 
a c 125 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
May 6, 2011 7:43:47 PM

byrysh said:
Ive got msi after burner and the shader clock isnt available. my psu is only 375w... and it takes a 6 pin power caqble,(which I have) but my frame rate isnt any better THen zotac gt220 ddr3. Ive got the latest drivers from amd i could find. thx for the help Btw :hello: 

AMD cards don't have a "shader clock" that's why.

What card did you put in there?

You might need a new PSU.
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
May 6, 2011 7:46:29 PM

What is the new video card -- and are you sure it's performance is any better than the old one that it replaced (Newer isn't always better !)
May 7, 2011 1:48:04 AM

I replaced a zotac gt 220 nvidia w/ a msi r5770 hawk. the power supply is a 375w. thx again guys :) 

Best solution

a c 125 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
May 7, 2011 2:01:37 AM

Ok so it's definitely an upgrade.

Right now I would have to say the PSU isn't able to give it enough juice. I think it recommends a 500W PSU, which you won't actually need that much but it kind of covers it's ass if you buy a low quality one that doesn't have a lot of amperage on the 12V rail. I've seen it happen several times that the card can't get enough power so the speed just isn't there.

If you get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic PSU you could make do with a 450W model for sure, probably a 400W would work.

Also make sure you remove the Nvidia drivers.
May 7, 2011 2:41:01 AM

Best answer selected by byrysh.
May 7, 2011 2:43:01 AM

wolfram23 said:
Ok so it's definitely an upgrade.

Right now I would have to say the PSU isn't able to give it enough juice. I think it recommends a 500W PSU, which you won't actually need that much but it kind of covers it's ass if you buy a low quality one that doesn't have a lot of amperage on the 12V rail. I've seen it happen several times that the card can't get enough power so the speed just isn't there.

If you get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic PSU you could make do with a 450W model for sure, probably a 400W would work.

Also make sure you remove the Nvidia drivers.

Im goin to build a rig from scratch and use the GC in it. so ty for the info
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b } Memory
May 7, 2011 8:36:40 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
!