Closed Solved

Does my comp support ddr5

Hello,
I am running an old dell precision workstation with original mobo and upgraded to a ddr5 memory graphics card. It says the memory on the G.c. isnt available w/the gpu meter I'm using. any suggestions?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about does comp support ddr5
  1. WHat "gpu meter"? As long as the PSU is sufficient, and your MB supports PCIe 2/2.1 cards, you might simply be dealing with old 'gpu meter' software and/or OS, whatever that is...

What chipset/socket format/cpu and OS are you running?
  2. its the latest from gadgets in windows 7
  3. The mb is dell og932. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit dual core processor(srry, not comp savvy at all) pentium d 840?
  4. i955x is the chipset...
  5. It supports it. You'll be fine. Just make sure to install the latest drivers from NVidia/AMD.
  6. dalauder said:
    It supports it. You'll be fine. Just make sure to install the latest drivers from NVidia/AMD.

Ive got msi after burner and the shader clock isnt available. my psu is only 375w... and it takes a 6 pin power caqble,(which I have) but my frame rate isnt any better THen zotac gt220 ddr3. Ive got the latest drivers from amd i could find. thx for the help Btw :hello:
  7. byrysh said:
    Ive got msi after burner and the shader clock isnt available. my psu is only 375w... and it takes a 6 pin power caqble,(which I have) but my frame rate isnt any better THen zotac gt220 ddr3. Ive got the latest drivers from amd i could find. thx for the help Btw :hello:

AMD cards don't have a "shader clock" that's why.

What card did you put in there?

You might need a new PSU.
  8. What is the new video card -- and are you sure it's performance is any better than the old one that it replaced (Newer isn't always better !)
  9. I replaced a zotac gt 220 nvidia w/ a msi r5770 hawk. the power supply is a 375w. thx again guys :)
  10. Best answer
    Ok so it's definitely an upgrade.

Right now I would have to say the PSU isn't able to give it enough juice. I think it recommends a 500W PSU, which you won't actually need that much but it kind of covers it's ass if you buy a low quality one that doesn't have a lot of amperage on the 12V rail. I've seen it happen several times that the card can't get enough power so the speed just isn't there.

If you get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic PSU you could make do with a 450W model for sure, probably a 400W would work.

Also make sure you remove the Nvidia drivers.
  11. Best answer selected by byrysh.
  12. wolfram23 said:
    Ok so it's definitely an upgrade.

Right now I would have to say the PSU isn't able to give it enough juice. I think it recommends a 500W PSU, which you won't actually need that much but it kind of covers it's ass if you buy a low quality one that doesn't have a lot of amperage on the 12V rail. I've seen it happen several times that the card can't get enough power so the speed just isn't there.

If you get a Corsair, Antec, Seasonic PSU you could make do with a 450W model for sure, probably a 400W would work.

Also make sure you remove the Nvidia drivers.

Im goin to build a rig from scratch and use the GC in it. so ty for the info
  13. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Workstations Support Memory Graphics