Upgrade advice please Tags: Components Last response: October 13, 2011 11:31 AM in Components Share ryoukos October 13, 2011 10:58:36 AM Hi everyone It's time to upgrade my rig a little bit and there's like £400 budget for that, So - My Current PC: EP45-DS3 775 sckt C2D E7300 @ 3.2 Ghz HD 4870 1GB 4GB 800mhz DDR2 2 options for upgrade, First one : MSI AMD Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III PE/OC 2048MB GDDR5 + OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5" 60GB Solid State Hard Drive + Coolmaster Silencio Mid Tower Or This : Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Intel Z68 (Socket 1155) Motherboard + 2nd Generation Intel® Core? i5 2500K 3.30GHz Socket LGA1155 - Retail. + Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler + Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit + Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6770 Vapor-X 1024MB GDDR5 . THe rig is being used for games/hd films etc . Thanks in advance ! More about : upgrade advice AdrianPerry October 13, 2011 11:26:17 AM 100% option 2. Id hold fire on the GPU though, keep your current card until you can put a little more money into your build and then grab a 6870 or even better GTX 560Ti. I don't see a PSU listed anywhere? This is a VERY important factor when upgrading/building. ryoukos October 13, 2011 11:31:36 AM I am going to keep my current PSU which is Corsair 700 W . So you say upgrade all the system leaving old GPU for a few more months and then grab something more powerful ? But i could get 6950 + SSD and then upgrade the mobo+cpu later as well? Can't find your answer ? Ask ! Publish Related resources: ForumUpgrade question please advice me ForumPlease advice , need upgrade . ForumPC Upgrade options, Need some advice please . ForumPC Upgrade options, Need some advice please . ForumNeed advice AMD FX upgrade build please ForumUpgrade advice please . ForumGT 520 dying, need replace/ upgrade advice please . ForumUpgrading GPU advice please . ForumPC UPGRADE ADVICE PLEASE !! ForumPlanning to upgrade my pc with these 2 options. need advice please . ForumSome advice on sensible upgrade ( please ) ForumOverclock / Upgrade advice please ? ForumGPU Upgrade from 5750, $150 to $175 advice please ForumGPU / RAM Upgrade advice needed please ?? Forum$600 upgrade , some advice please . ForumUpgrading GPU, advice needed please ForumAdvice for RAM upgrade please ForumUpgrading AMD system to Intel. Your opinion and advice , please . Forum500w PSU Forum[CPU Upgrade] Advice Please! More resources Read discussions in other Components categories Power supplies Sound cards NICs Akasa Antec Cooler Master Cougar DeepCool Enermax !