WinXP + KT-133 + GeForce = No OGL??

G

Since I've installed WinXP I haven't been able to get my graphics running at optimal performance yet.
When I install the newest Detonator drivers from www.nvidia.com my system locks up when I play D3D games, but then OGL works fine. I've tried other beta detonator drivers and the same problem with them. So I've been using the default detonator drivers that XP installs automatically. These drivers work fine for D3D, but then I can't run games in OGL and can't play games like Return To Castle Wolfenstein :(
I have tried the drivers listed above with and without the Via 4in1 drivers from www.viahardware.com and still no luck. I used to have this same problem with Win2k and read that it was an issue with the KT-133 chipset and my GeForce card (also maybe my SB Live!Value ?) but this problem was fixed with SP2 for Win2k.
I have flashed my bios to the most current available from asus, I have tried the 4in1 drivers but they don't seem to be necessary with XP so I am no longer using them. I have tried setting AGP to 2x and 4x in my bios. Tried Disabling and Enabling Fast Writes in my bios. Nothing seems to work yet :( So right now I'm still using the default Detonator drivers WinXP provides (Detonator 12.40) and these work but they won't run OGL so I can't play RTCW :(

System Specs:
Asus A7V rev 1.02
Creative Annhilator Pro (GeForce DDR)
Athlon 800 Mhz
288 Megs
SB Live! Value
that's all I think is probably relevant, if you need any more info let me know.

Any info would be appreciated

Regards

Jimmy S