9650 AMD 2.3 quad core
5gb RAM
1tb hard drive (2x500gb)
5 fans in case.
Radeon 4850x2 2GB This card has 2 GPU's and is a crossfire setup
700w power supply
LG dvd/cd drive
Comes with Windows 7 64 bit Professional

I am buying this computer from craigslist for about 400. What I want to know is if my phenom ii x4 840 will work on it. He has a socket am2+ motherboard(idk the specific motherboard), but phenom ii is am3. Will it still work? And can it handle crysis and bf3 beta on med-high? If so what resolutions.

On last question, if I do not switch out the cpu's, can it still handle crysis and bf3 at atleast medium? Please, this question is the most important! Thanks!
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cayou pick
  1. The AM3 CPU support is totally depending on which AM2+ board it is.
  2. rolli59 said:
    The AM3 CPU support is totally depending on which AM2+ board it is.

So my phenom ii will work on it? Also, can i play crysis and bf3 beta on 1024x768 on medium atleast without changing my cpu? Thanks
  3. Without knowing the motherboard I CAN NOT TELL if the Phenom II will work in it!
  4. rolli59 said:
    Without knowing the motherboard I CAN NOT TELL if the Phenom II will work in it!

Ok, thats fine. But one last thing. If i dont switch out the cpu, can i still play crysis 1+2 and atleast medium? and bf3 beta at 1024x768
  5. At that resolution the GPU is powerful enough but will get bottlenecked by the CPU.
  6. Ok, thanks.
  7. rolli59 said:
    Without knowing the motherboard I CAN NOT TELL if the Phenom II will work in it!

Ok the name of the motherboard is gigabyte ma770-ud3
  8. Best answer
    There are three versions of that board all of them support your Phenom II http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3302#ov
  9. Thanks!
  10. Best answer selected by nsahawks7.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs