[NO BOOT]Power LED lights up without pressing power button

ongkal

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello guys, my PC has this problem of sometimes shutting down and not booting again. Normally, I have to stop using it for a few hours or days before it boots normally (power LED doesnt light before power button is pressd) but its getting annoying. Lately, its been happening again after seemingly going back to normal for a few weeks. This problem started when the motherboard was just a few months old.

Symptoms:
When plugged in and the PSU and AVG switches are turned on, the green motherboard standby LED lights up as well as the motherboard power LED even though I havent pressed the case power button yet. Normally, the power LED should only light up after the case power button is pressed.

things I have tried:
testing PSU values
reassembling the parts on a nonconducting surface
cleaning and reapplying thermal paste on the processor
cleaning and reattaching RAM
cleaning the motherboard

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

jayottam

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Dude i am having same problem, today when i powered on have same problem as u have.

i have searched on net for it and going to replace my psu with my old psu...
if got any luck i will tell you... if have resolved the problem pls post what u did

ongkal

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012

hey man. let me know how things go. havent really solved my problem and am planning to have the mobo sent for RMA. but if there's another fix, i wont hesitate. it takes 2 months for suppliers to work on warranty in my country so I really do not want to wait that long.