Classic NES Series Volume 3?

I wonder if there will be another Classic NES Series coming out soon?

Games I'd like to see:

Punch-Out! (the one with Mr. Dream as the Mike Tyson license has run out
many years ago)
Donkey Kong Jr.
Kid Icarus

I would love to have Kid Icarus. I wish they would release Castlevania 2:
Simon's Quest as that one was always my favorite. I've been enjoying
Punch-Out for a couple years now by playing it on Animal Crossing. Same
with Donkey Kong Jr.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

On 2005-02-24, HIT Fanatic <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote:
> I wonder if there will be another Classic NES Series coming out soon?
>
> Games I'd like to see:
>
> Punch-Out! (the one with Mr. Dream as the Mike Tyson license has run out
> many years ago)
> Donkey Kong Jr.
> Kid Icarus

Tecmo Super Bowl.

There are no sports games worth a damn on the GBA.

Preston

HIT Fanatic wrote:
> I wonder if there will be another Classic NES Series coming out soon?
>
> Games I'd like to see:
>
> Punch-Out! (the one with Mr. Dream as the Mike Tyson license has run out
> many years ago)
> Donkey Kong Jr.
> Kid Icarus

One word: Contra.

--
Any one who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 extrarice <extrarice@gmail.com> wrote:
> HIT Fanatic wrote:
>> I wonder if there will be another Classic NES Series coming out soon?
>>
>> Games I'd like to see:
>>
>> Punch-Out! (the one with Mr. Dream as the Mike Tyson license has run out
>> many years ago)
>> Donkey Kong Jr.
>> Kid Icarus
>>

> One word: Contra.

5 words: Flash Advance with NES emulator ;)

--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"

HIT Fanatic wrote:
> I wonder if there will be another Classic NES Series coming out soon?
>
> Games I'd like to see:
>
> Punch-Out! (the one with Mr. Dream as the Mike Tyson license has run
out
> many years ago)
> Donkey Kong Jr.
> Kid Icarus

If they would sell them for $10 each, I wouldn't mind picking up a few
of Nintendo's very old action games: Balloon Fight, Clu Clu Land, Urban
Champion, and Wrecking Crew.

I can't think of anything I'd pay $20 for, except possibly the Famicom
Final Fantasy III translated into English, assuming there are no plans
to release a better version of it that's playable on the Game Boy
Advance.

--
MSC

my list:
star tropics 1 and 2 in one cart

Josh Folcik wrote:
> my list:
> star tropics 1 and 2 in one cart

Which brings up a good point: why do so many Classic NES cartridges
contain so little? Why is Donkey Kong the only game in its cartridge?
If a better version of Mario Bros. can fit in a cartridge with Super
Mario World, surely all three Donkey Kong games (at least) can fit in
one cartridge. In fact, there must be numerous series of NES games all
of whose members can fit in a single Game Boy Advance cartridge.

--
MSC

In article <1110205942.918660.216420@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
mscipolone@yahoo.com says...
>Which brings up a good point: why do so many Classic NES cartridges
>contain so little?

Simple reason: because people will buy them that way.

>Why is Donkey Kong the only game in its cartridge?

Because customers will buy it that way.

>If a better version of Mario Bros. can fit in a cartridge with Super
>Mario World, surely all three Donkey Kong games (at least) can fit in
>one cartridge. In fact, there must be numerous series of NES games all
>of whose members can fit in a single Game Boy Advance cartridge.

The question is not whether they will "fit". You can "fit" dozens of GBA
games on a cartridge (and many people with flash carts do just that).
The question is what is marketable - if Nintendo can make more money
selling DK games one-by-one, then that's how they'll do it.

> 5 words: Flash Advance with NES emulator ;)

I decided to take your advice and ordered an X512 MB flash cart for the GBA
and I'm getting familiar with PocketNES while I wait for this to arrive in
the mail. I probably should have done that in the first place. Oh well,
I'll see if I can trade in some of my Classic NES carts for cash or a
Gamecube cart at EB Games...

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 HIT Fanatic <coblgp@nospam.com> wrote:
>> 5 words: Flash Advance with NES emulator ;)
>
> I decided to take your advice and ordered an X512 MB flash cart for the GBA
> and I'm getting familiar with PocketNES while I wait for this to arrive in
> the mail. I probably should have done that in the first place. Oh well,
> I'll see if I can trade in some of my Classic NES carts for cash or a
> Gamecube cart at EB Games...

I use PogoShell for the gba.. it's freeware (the url escapes me but you
should be able to google for it).

It has a great interface and allows you to play NES roms and GBA roms
together, as well as letting you manage your save files (you can save
your NES rom at ANY point in the game even if the original game
couldn't)

Basically you use the software to create a new GBA file containing all
the roms. Then flash this to your cart.

Voila NES emulation and GBA roms together in a nice menu-run system on
the GBA (or now on my DS) :)
--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"

I've played around with PogoShell, and I do like the way it looks but if I
exit out of an NES game, it returns to the start screen with the 3 folders
at the start. I prefer the look of Thingy--you can scroll through the NES
games and you get to see the starting screen as a preview.

I might use Pogoshell to run GB games, view jpg & txt files however.
Pogoshell almost seems like an OS for the GBA.

I'm still waiting for the cart. I tried putting in GBA roms on Pogoshell
but it does not run the game. I'm using VisualBoyAdvanceCE as the emulator.
I'm wondering if the GBA roms do not work because I'm trying to run these
through Pogoshell through an emulator?

> I've played around with PogoShell, and I do like the way it looks but if I
> exit out of an NES game, it returns to the start screen with the 3 folders
> at the start. I prefer the look of Thingy--you can scroll through the NES
> games and you get to see the starting screen as a preview.
>
> I might use Pogoshell to run GB games, view jpg & txt files however.
> Pogoshell almost seems like an OS for the GBA.
>
> I'm still waiting for the cart. I tried putting in GBA roms on Pogoshell
> but it does not run the game. I'm using VisualBoyAdvanceCE as the
> emulator.
> I'm wondering if the GBA roms do not work because I'm trying to run these
> through Pogoshell through an emulator?

I got the xROM flashcart a few weeks ago. I now have over 250 games on it.
I use Frotz, PocketNES, Goomba, ZXAdvance, GBAGI and other emulators to play
my favorite classic games.