Unable to post :(

Sleepee

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
Dunno if its just me being tired or what, but I am now unable to get to post screen, I am currently running:

- Asus P6X58D-E Mobo
- Asus GTX 560 GFX Card (installed into the first PCI-E Slot)
- i7 920
- Zalman heatsink and cooler
- 8 GB Ram (2 x 4gig Sticks) of 1600mhz DDR3 (Installed on DIMM A1 and DIMM B1)
- 1TB Samsung Spinpoint HD

I have tried reseating everything a few times now and have also tried booting with just one stick of ram in - all power connectors are seated correctly including the 2x4 Pins by the CPU. When I boot i get all the fans working, my mouse lights up etc, but the MemOK DRAM Led light stays on constantly regardless of whether i press it or not. Though I will admit when i first pressed it with the ram installed it appeared to do something then power the computer off and then back on again - it has stayed on ever since.

When i press the power button all this happens but I get no output on the monitor! :ouch:
I have tested the ram slots with ram from my wifes pc (which is on the approved list) but still the same thing happens.

I will be grateful for any suggestions!! :love:

Adrift

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
In case you haven't gone to the troubleshooting thread in the sticky up top. Troubleshooting.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not the most experience person with this, but is your monitor connected to the rear ports from your graphics card? Or to your motherboard ports in the back? I made a mistake once and connected it to my motherboard even though I had a graphic card installed. I turned on my computer and got nothing on my screen. Double check that the screen worked by using it with another computer, it was fine. Double check connections and plugs, etc. Turns out I just plugged the monitor cable in the wrong place. Connected it to my video card ports in the back and it worked.

I had gone to my mobo manual at some point and went to the troubleshooting section. For my gigabyte mobo, it makes you go down this tree of yes/no scenarios to see what could be wrong. When there's no display they put "The graphics card, expansion slot, or monitor might fail"

Hope this helps. Good luck, hopefully it's an easy fix.

Sleepee

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
on a quick additional note, I have taken the RAM and GPU completely out and tried to power on with just the PSU, Processor and CPU Fan in and the DRAM LED light still stays on, so I am starting to figure it is more likely a fauly mobo?