Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Sabretooth 990fx

Last response: in Motherboards
July 8, 2012 3:42:03 AM

Hello i just got the asus sabretooth 990fx i hooked it up with my radeon 6850 and amd fx8120 but for some reason the computer resets just before starting windows just before that i get the cpu ledand then it restarts.
it lets me the windows repair and everything but when i try to start windows normally it wont let me.
first i thought it was the power supply cuz the other one i had was only 600w but i hooked the other one that ist 850w and still the same problem i dont know what else to do

More about : sabretooth 990fx

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 487 V Motherboard
July 8, 2012 4:53:06 AM

It sounds like a faulty motherboard. But let's back up a bit. Are you trying to boot to Windows with the same Win installation you had with a previous motherboard? If so, that's your problem.
Score

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 8, 2012 5:01:12 AM

No actually hes having the same issue i had... Re-installing windows... Your gonna have to re-install windows when there is a Major hardware change such as a new hard drive or a new motherboard...

Changing the CPU, Memory or minor hardware will not most likely trigger this issue. Re-install windows and the problem should be solved.. If you can even make it into windows your copy will become "Non- genuine"... So just go and put the windows CD in and tell it you want to re-install windows... I have repaired and repaired and it still wouldn't let me in until i installed windows
Related resources
July 8, 2012 5:02:03 AM

ohh ok ill try that thanks
Score
July 8, 2012 5:24:18 AM

re-installing windows right now and is half way done hope it works thanks for all the help so far guys i can not thank u enough

well it worked thanks to both of u guys
Score
July 8, 2012 5:44:07 AM

Best answer selected by killer33.
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
July 8, 2012 7:11:29 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!