Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys,

I was just 'upgrading' most of my computer parts and I've done the fan, cpu. Now I'm doing RAM, but then, my old Corsair Dominator XMS2 doesn't seem to fit properly in the slot. So here are my options.

1) Get help from the pros here to insert my RAM.

Or:

2) Replace my RAM, my budget is $150 AUD. I'm also going to these 3 stores : MSY, PCDIY, and TXComputerSolutions.
Can't seem to find a Corsair Vengeance except from TX. (Just thinking maybe my Australian friends will help me here).

Thanks c;

Oh and my CPU is an i5 3570k. Motherboard has 4 slots.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Sorry, couldn't recognise it, it's in the RAM category :p

Which one do you consider more worth the money? Including what muffin suggested.

And also, I chose these stores because they're pretty much next to each other. PCDIY and TX is in the same lot, while MSY is just 2 buildings away from them.

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, but they don't have it, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile.
And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.
cml16gx3m4a1600c9b_09.jpg

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I guess I'll be getting the G.Skill then. What's the SSD for?

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

Eh, do you think I need it? I already have a hard drive with everything on it. I'm just upgrading my video card, motherboard and ram. Also adding a after-market cooler.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I'm going to get the SSD, reinstall, but first figure out on how to move the programs over so I know what to install.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

I mean, the ones I had installed before, some of those I don't remember. So I'm going to somehow check on the hard drive to see what programs I want to install.

So like, MSN, Skype, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.