Sign in with
Your question

Looking to confirm the mobo - memory compatability before ordering the memory.

Last response: in Motherboards
July 8, 2012 6:08:04 AM

Hello,
im hoping to clear up some confusion im having with compatability of my mobo currently installed in my comp ( rather old, 500gig hd always atleast half full, so not a great comp but rune me at 30ish fps gaming), and the memory im looking to buy.

The mobo is an Asus IPIBL-LB, and teh memory im wanting to order is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... . Their both DDR2, 240-pin and all that good stuff, but I was an article somewhere that said my mobo would not support 4 gig memory sticks, instead only 2 gig sticks. I have 2 2 gis sticks right now, and the other 2 slots are taken up by my graphics card, so id like to upgrade my ram to 4 gig sticks.

Im only concearned since DDR2 ram is so dam expensive compared to DDR3 its not funny ( as i found 4 4 gig sticks of ram from corsair in a pack for 75 dollars and my 2 4 gig sticks are gonna run me 160.

Any kind of confirmation on this would be very much appreciated, just want to know if my mobo can support the 4 gig sticks for teh most part, but if any other problems are here to be found, id appreciate knowing those too.
Plz and Ty.
!