Z77 Motherboard for Sandy Bridge

my ASUS P8P67 PRO broke last month and looking to replace it.
from what i read ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, SABERTOOTH, UD5H, ASRock Extreme6, or MSI Z77A-GD65
they all seem to be good MOBO
the difference in price is not a problem
if i'm not mistaken ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is the only one that offers Wi-Fi hotspot which is a big plus
my budget is around $250
what do you guys think?

CPU: Intel 2600k
MB: ASUS P8P67 PRO
GPU: EVGA GTX 570
8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws Ram
120 Gigs SSD
HDD: WD Green 2TB
9 answers Last reply
More about motherboard sandy bridge
  1. The Sabertooth is really fine MoBo....all have WiFi, but to my recollection, only the Pro, WS and Deluxe have Wi-Fi GO! ....... the Pro also has a' Thunderbolt model w/ the Wi-Fi GO! feature
  2. I'd go with the SABERTOOTH : )

or

P8Z77-V PRO
  3. Sabertooth if you care about look, otherwise Z77V Pro would be my choice out of those listed. Gigabyte UD5H is fine too but I wouldn't go with MSI or Asrock since they are not quite established yet in the enthusiast motherboard market.
  4. I don't need wifi on my PC i need to Wi-Fi go for my mobile devices since my router is too far away but if there are other features that deserve sacrificing Wi-Fi go and get and external one i will get something other than Z77V Pro
    btw is the Deluxe version worth it ? it's a bit hard to break down the differences

thanks guys
  5. I would agree (now) with @Nikorr choices ASUS P8Z77-V, P8Z77-V PRO or Sabertooth Z77.

Q - Why WiFi?!

Instead I would look at PowerLine IF a CAT-5e/6 is impossible; see - http://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom/videos?query=PowerLine
  6. xhamoodx said:
    I don't need wifi on my PC i need to Wi-Fi go for my mobile devices since my router is too far away but if there are other features that deserve sacrificing Wi-Fi go and get and external one i will get something other than Z77V Pro
    btw is the Deluxe version worth it ? it's a bit hard to break down the differences

thanks guys

Then add an Access Point -- I have (3) in my house. Leaving a PC on 365/24/7 seems CrAzY to 'me.'
  7. thanks guys, now i'm thinking if i'm going to need all the features in the deluxe or i can just go with the pro
    i turn my computer on when i'm in the room not 365/24/7
  8. ASUS WiFi Go - PC = 'on' Access Point = 'on', but if the PC = 'off' Access Point = 'off' hence '365/24/7'. Just as long as you're clear about WiFi Go and it being on/off.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Sandy Bridge Product