"Dead" pixels displayed by half dead gpu

Mrsh4dy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Recently my main gpu (6950) died on me so when I had to RMA it I installed a semi broken gpu (hd4850) (It has these strange colored blocks appearing when on load).
Anyway when I had correctly installed my old gpu and I noticed dead/stuck pixels when browsing the web I thought my monitor was starting to give in. However today I recieved my replacement new gpu and the dead/stuck pixels were not to be seen.

So my question to you all, have any of you ever experienced this?

PS: Before anyone asks, no the pixels never moved an inch they were at exactly the same place all the time.

PS2: Monitor is a Samsung syncmaster T220.

Mrsh4dy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Yeah I'm personally not really worried about stuck pixels (was already planning on getting a new monitor this year).
However if I have experienced this due to a faulty gpu others who blame their monitors might have it as well. Thus it might be handy if we encounter a post mentioning dead stuck pixels we also advice taking a look at the gpu.

And I doubt it's intermittant, never ever had a stuck pixels in the 3years I have this monitor and before my old 6950 broke down I never had one either. It's seems completely gpu related.

Thanks for sharing thoughts.