Baldur's Gate II Dream Sequence Error

Last response: in Video Games
September 9, 2004 6:29:47 AM

I'm in chapter 2 of SoA (I have both ToB) and when I try to rest I get to a
dream sequence but the game crashes with the following message during the
dream:

"an assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 1397
Programmer says: Tile data accessed when not loaded"

It's the one where you're back at Candlekeep and Imoen appears in her BG
outfit and talks to you, but you can't talk. Then she runs out of the
Candlekeep gate and you follow her. Just as my main character follows her
out and the screen starts to scroll it crashes

I tried clearing the cache but no effect.

I'm pretty sure it's caused by one of the Weidu Mods I'm using (I've got
most of the popular ones) but dunno which, so can't uninstall the offending
mod. Anyone have any ideas?

--

Burning_Ranger

To email: aziz@aziz1removethisbit.fsnet.co.uk
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 1:36:58 PM

"Burning_Ranger" <aziz@NOSPAMaziz99.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm in chapter 2 of SoA (I have both ToB) and when I try to rest I get to
> dream sequence but the game crashes with the following message during the
> dream:
>
> "an assertion failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 1397
> Programmer says: Tile data accessed when not loaded"
>
> It's the one where you're back at Candlekeep and Imoen appears in her BG
> outfit and talks to you, but you can't talk. Then she runs out of the
> Candlekeep gate and you follow her. Just as my main character follows her
> out and the screen starts to scroll it crashes
>
> I tried clearing the cache but no effect.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's caused by one of the Weidu Mods I'm using (I've got
> most of the popular ones) but dunno which, so can't uninstall the
offending
> mod. Anyone have any ideas?

The dream comes from the Imoen Romance mod.
Try re-install it. IIRC there's also a patch for the mod.

Wim
!