Sign in with
Your question

ASUS led monitor vh238h built in speakers no sound

Last response: in Systems
July 17, 2011 5:51:34 PM

Hello, I have a new ASUS led monitor with built in speakers and they are not working. I have no sound from any source. I have tried to load the drivers every way and failed. AMD ATHLONllx4 630 processor,MSI KA78G MOTHER BRD,Realtek HD audio out,ATI radeon HD3200 graphics,win xp home SP3
March 28, 2012 10:03:15 AM

wutuneed8 said:
Hello, I have a new ASUS led monitor with built in speakers and they are not working. I have no sound from any source. I have tried to load the drivers every way and failed. AMD ATHLONllx4 630 processor,MSI KA780G MOTHER BRD,Realtek HD audio out,ATI radeon HD3200 graphics,win xp home SP3

m
l
April 5, 2012 3:41:42 PM

Hey there.

How are you connecting from the Monitor to the PC?

Usually;
You will need a video cable (DVI or VGA)
But you will ALSO need a 3.5mm line in cable from the PC to the monitor to carry the sound. (these are small cables usually with green ends)

Unless you're using HDMI, in which case it transfers sound and video.

If you're using HDMI you'll need to go into the sound area of control panel and make sure the monitor is set as the default device
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
April 5, 2012 7:43:29 PM

Is the issue that the monitor speakers are no working, or that the sound card is not? You don't need drivers to use the monitor.

Do you get sound from the built-in speaker if there is one, or other speakers/headphones?
m
l
January 23, 2013 1:49:33 AM

I had the same problem. I did an online chat with Asus and the bottom line is that you must have Windows 8 to be able to load the drivers and use the speakers. I have Windows 7. Took the monitor back to the store, where the sales staff was totally clueless.
m
l
!