Z77 MotherBoards or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotkiker

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hi everyone back again to bother the kind people in toms hardware and have a few questions

So as we all know that the ivy bridge is out and sandy bridge is now considered old (which i really hate due technology moving too fast) but the motherboards that support ivy bridge specifically ASUS cost too much and because i am always in a hurry i just wanna know when will the prices drop for the mobo's because i cant wait to build my gaming pc

I also wanna know what u guyies/gals would go for P67/Z68 (which are really high in prices and some are even discontinued) or the Z77 (which also have high prices)

if i go with my first choice i would go with the i7 2600k if any are left and if i go with my second choice i would go with i7 3770k

and when do u think that this mobo will drop in price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131760

Alright thanks everyone Ohh and sry about the essay that i wrote

Solution
You know how it is.

U can purchase great ASUS $400 mobo and it can die on you. Even if it has the greatest reviews.

U might not be lucky or your luck is "adjusted by some lazy worker" that ships you mobo that was returned because of errors. Now u got it.

You just never know, all the best product have manufacture defect @ about 2%.

If its a fresh launch of the product, chances are bigger to get a faulty one, than later,

when bugs are fixed up already.

I usually check the serial #'s that are available online, as what product shipment had the problems, and what # is already fixed.

But that needs lots of research on line and forum reading : )
I think the motherboards have settled into their respective price niches and are are unlikely to move for the foreseeable future. So you should base you decision on what's available today, because it will be the same price as six months from now.

Hotkiker

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
So should i just buy the mobo since its not going to go down in price anyway is that ur suggestions

and wow i7 3770k has almost identical performance as the i7 2600k maybe i might stick with the 2nd gen i7

The IB has more features available. I like the wireless HDMI for decent price.

SB doesn't have it : (

I would get the latest greatest, next gen is Haswell, 1 year away.

So Z77 + IB makes sense.

But it depends on your needs. What is your primary use?

Hotkiker

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

Got to agree that is a great board but price is a little to high

Hotkiker

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Nikorr i dont think i wanna buy lga 2011 wanna stay in the middle of overclocking and gaming, And sorry for not telling u guyies but i will be overclocking this gaming rig but not as high as 5.0 ghz

Hotkiker

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Since everyone is saying that the z77 motherboards wont go down in price even after 6 months then i might as well go with sandy bridge because i don't see any improvements in ivy bridge. I wont be using the USB 3.0 and i have heard that Pci E 2.0 is enough for new video cards such as gtx 600 and hd 7000. But if that's a false statement then my mind would change and would go with z77

Status
Not open for further replies.