Sign in with
Your question

Difference b/w BIOS of old 6950 and new revision

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 7, 2011 5:19:54 PM

Hi Guys,

I recently posted a thread with 6950 problems. I apologize to the mods making a new thread is inappropriate but after running out of solutions I need your help on what may be the final lifeline.

Superbiiz shipped me a card that was defective. The PC wouldn't boot. They expected me to pay $170+ dollars to ship it back for a replacement, which is no longer even an option. I've come to the conclusion they gave me a flashed 6950 gone wrong, and my final hope is that reflashing it will save it and me a lot of grief. Here it is:

So is there a difference b/w the old Dual BIOS 6950's BIOS and the new revision 6950 BIOS. I want to flash but the only way to be sure is to find a dump of this cards exact BIOS.

If anyone could as so kind to give me a dump of that BIOS... I will be most most grateful.
May 8, 2011 3:11:54 AM

Ok does anyone at least know where to find the BIOS online...techpowerup DB has the BIOS of the old Sapphire 6950s
a c 216 U Graphics card
May 8, 2011 3:31:51 AM

Does this version of the card have the bios switch? If so, you might try using the card set to Bios 2, which should be the locked, default bios.
Related resources
May 8, 2011 3:35:45 AM

It doesn't have the switch. I received the card like this (bricked) from Superbiiz, despite their assembly dept claiming that the system works flawlessly, not to mention several scratches on the case (looks like a key), some missing items and they still have $50 of mine. Best of all, they wont respond after 5 emails.

@buzznut : I tried RBE, it wont even dump the original BIOS.

Only solution it appears is to find a BIOS of the exact same card to flash, and then give up.
!