Difference b/w BIOS of old 6950 and new revision

pyoverdin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

I recently posted a thread with 6950 problems. I apologize to the mods making a new thread is inappropriate but after running out of solutions I need your help on what may be the final lifeline.

Superbiiz shipped me a card that was defective. The PC wouldn't boot. They expected me to pay $170+ dollars to ship it back for a replacement, which is no longer even an option. I've come to the conclusion they gave me a flashed 6950 gone wrong, and my final hope is that reflashing it will save it and me a lot of grief. Here it is:

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php...MI-2x-Mini-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-Video-Card

So is there a difference b/w the old Dual BIOS 6950's BIOS and the new revision 6950 BIOS. I want to flash but the only way to be sure is to find a dump of this cards exact BIOS.

If anyone could as so kind to give me a dump of that BIOS... I will be most most grateful.

pyoverdin

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2011
It doesn't have the switch. I received the card like this (bricked) from Superbiiz, despite their assembly dept claiming that the system works flawlessly, not to mention several scratches on the case (looks like a key), some missing items and they still have $50 of mine. Best of all, they wont respond after 5 emails.

@buzznut : I tried RBE, it wont even dump the original BIOS.

Only solution it appears is to find a BIOS of the exact same card to flash, and then give up.

TRENDING THREADS