Sabertooth 990FX audio not working

jchambers2586

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
The on-board sound died I have tried the fallowing.

Bios flash to the newest one
disabling then re enabling the audio in uefI
uninstalling all sound drivers then reinstalling sound drivers.
after all of this the sound is still dead. If I were to return the board to ASUS it will cost me as much as a new sound card
interns of shipping and buying thermal paste. Any one have any ideas to How to fix this.

Solution

Mine did the same thing, but I think it may have been my fault. I just didn't know about it until I went to remove my Soundblaster card and try my onboard audio. I was running into some framerate issues with my benchmarks and thought that maybe the SB card was conflicting with the graphics for some reason and went to remove it...

bernardblack

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012

Mine did the same thing, but I think it may have been my fault. I just didn't know about it until I went to remove my Soundblaster card and try my onboard audio. I was running into some framerate issues with my benchmarks and thought that maybe the SB card was conflicting with the graphics for some reason and went to remove it. That's when I noticed that my onboard audio is not even really listed in UEFI. I got the option for the Azdalia front audio interface thing or whatever, but no Realtek audio listed. I tried like you did and remove and re-installed drivers to no avail. I was then reminded of a time when I went to plug my new CPU cooler in and I wasn't able to see what I was doing and plugged the connector on the wrong set of the 3 out of 4 pins. There is a tab on the connector that is supposed to prevent you from doing that, but I managed to push it out of the way and slip it onto the wrong 3 pins...I learned of it fast after I smelled burning wires and quickly pulled the power on my PC. The fan connector was nearly fused to the port. Surely, that's what did it...the board still functions magnificently, but I am without onboard none the less...thankfully, I don't need it.

Solution