Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need a card to run Metro 2033 Maxed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 7, 2011 10:41:44 PM

Can anyone that has a DX11 card run Metro 2033 with max settings at 1080p with their VRAM usage onscreen so that I can see how much VRAM I need for that game? Please list what card you are using too with a screenshot, thanx in advance.
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 7, 2011 11:13:27 PM

maxes out my 570's 1.28GB of VRAM, still butter smooth though at 1080P
m
0
l
May 7, 2011 11:14:47 PM

Maxes out your tri-SLI 570's? wow I didn't know it was that intensive
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 7, 2011 11:16:12 PM

Device Unknown said:
Maxes out your tri-SLI 570's? wow I didn't know it was that intensive


Well maxes out the VRAM.... VRAM isn't added together when you SLI or CF so its the weakest link I guess.
m
0
l
May 7, 2011 11:17:54 PM

Appreciate the post. Can anyone verify if I need more than 1.5GB of VRAM for this game at 1080p max settings?
m
0
l
May 7, 2011 11:20:40 PM

mdd1963 said:
Are you concerned with gpu framebuffer size, i.e., 1 GB cards vs. 1.28GB vs. 1.58GB vs. 2 gb?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4137/amds-gtx-560-ti-coun...

The 6950(1gb) offers the same performance at 1920x1200 as the 2gb variant, so I'd say 1 gb would be enough.

Nah, I just want to know how much VRAM is really needed for this game. I dont like bottlenecked performance.
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 12:19:45 AM

Rustyy117 said:
maxes out my 570's 1.28GB of VRAM, still butter smooth though at 1080P

I found this vid in another forum tryin to google my way to the answer I seek. It conflicts with what you told me, but I do not believe this video to be legit. What are your thoughts on it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bA6f0bJow
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 1:04:17 AM

BloodyBonzai said:
Nice, but given the VRAM usage is up above 1.28GB, those cards are not getting the fps they should be getting if they had more VRAM.


Why are you so worried about VRAM? 46 FPS is plenty to play a game smoothly and that's what 1GB 560Ti's in SLI will give you maxed out in Metro 2033. If you have to have 2GB of VRAM your only choice is the 6950/6970 or the dual gpu cards GTX 590/6990 (but 2GB of VRAM is not necessary to max out Metro 2033)....
m
0
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
May 8, 2011 1:20:08 AM

I am trying to see how much VRAM is being used for myself, but it doesn't show me that info within Metro 2033. I did manage to turn on the stats with "stats on" in the cfg files, and it does show different info, but nothing about video ram.

Could you help me?
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 1:23:15 AM

bystander said:
I am trying to see how much VRAM is being used for myself, but it doesn't show me that info within Metro 2033. I did manage to turn on the stats with "stats on" in the cfg files, and it does show different info, but nothing about video ram.

Could you help me?

What video card are you using and what brand is it?
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 1:25:03 AM

majin ssj eric said:
Why are you so worried about VRAM? 46 FPS is plenty to play a game smoothly and that's what 1GB 560Ti's in SLI will give you maxed out in Metro 2033. If you have to have 2GB of VRAM your only choice is the 6950/6970 or the dual gpu cards GTX 590/6990 (but 2GB of VRAM is not necessary to max out Metro 2033)....

If you dont have enough VRAM, you will not see the full potential of your vid cards in that scenario. The difference in your test would prob b about 5 fps, given the VRAM usage is up above 1.28GB.
m
0
l
a c 216 U Graphics card
May 8, 2011 1:33:29 AM

BloodyBonzai said:
What video card are you using and what brand is it?


XFX 6950 2gb with unlocked shaders. I'm curious as to what it would show with 2gb of ram. I have a feeling it's going to show maxed usage regardless of how much you have.
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 3:16:19 AM

The lack of VRAM impacts cards the more VRAM it is lacking, basically a line graph of the amount of VRAM over the cards limit by the fps would have an exponential or logarithmic curve, not really sure which it is. So in other words, lack of a little VRAM will have a little impact, lack of a lot of VRAM will have a dramatic impact. So the card at 1920X1200 is losing a few fps, but nothing major. Also note how when they switch from 1050p to 1200p the ati 2GB and nvidia 1.28GB switch spots due to the beginning of the bottleneck in the nvidia 1.28GB card. But when the VRAM requirement becomes major at 1600p, the 1GB card is bottlenecked severely. Not to mention the difference in the demand of performance at different resolutions, altho you can eye up the differences in that aspect.
m
0
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
May 8, 2011 11:08:25 AM

Ok I thought it used all my cards VRAM, but it doesn't, just played the first level maxed and it used 1116MB constantly....Might go up in the outside levels?

Dragon Age 2 uses about 1230MB with everything maxed + high res textures.
m
0
l
May 8, 2011 10:08:58 PM

Rustyy117 said:
Ok I thought it used all my cards VRAM, but it doesn't, just played the first level maxed and it used 1116MB constantly....Might go up in the outside levels?

Dragon Age 2 uses about 1230MB with everything maxed + high res textures.

Awesome, thanx for the info.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 7:30:50 PM

Do you think a single EVGA 670 superclocked 4gb would max it out? I'm planning on upgrading my 560 ti to one of those.
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 8:20:14 PM

my friend's hd6970 2gb max it out in 2560x1440 on 30FPS
m
0
l
August 16, 2012 8:43:04 PM

I run it at 1080p on my 470 (1.2gb vram), everything maxed out. Not sure on the exact fps, buts its seems perfectly smooth.
On the whole you will find any gtx/ti card from the last few years over powered for just about any game.
m
0
l
!