Urgent Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolman555

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Hi,
i recently bought a z68xp-ud3 with 22nm support, i also bought a i5 3570k.
When it boot, it freezes at the gigabyte logo. I really think its because the motherboard cant support the processor.
Please help!!!
If it is is here anyway of updating with the ivy bridge already in it??

Thanks!

Specs: 3570k @stock
z68xp-ud3
8gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz
asus dvd burner
1tb hitachi hdd
850w psu
stock cooler

Solution
Honestly, I'm surprised that it boots at all if the the BIOS isn't updated, but my guess is that yes, it's because of the 3570K not being supported by the BIOS that's on it now. THAT part doesn't surprise me at all.

A BIOS update should be all you need though.

And the board CAN support the 3570K, but the BIOS can't. That's the hang-up, but every Z68 board needs a BIOS update to be able to use an Ivy Bridge CPU..

foolman555

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
Can i ask you something?
Since the box says it supports the 22nm and it even says i need a ivy bridge to make the pcie 3.0
When it boots up, it does the all clear beep. But freezes at the motherboard logo thing.

Do you reckon it would be because of the 22nm?

Thanks!
There is also no lights on the mouse and keyboard. But everything else seems fine!

Honestly, I'm surprised that it boots at all if the the BIOS isn't updated, but my guess is that yes, it's because of the 3570K not being supported by the BIOS that's on it now. THAT part doesn't surprise me at all.

A BIOS update should be all you need though.

And the board CAN support the 3570K, but the BIOS can't. That's the hang-up, but every Z68 board needs a BIOS update to be able to use an Ivy Bridge CPU..

Solution

foolman555

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Yeah but the main reason i bought the board was because it was cheap and it supported the 22nm.
Im gonna ring where i bought it from and ask them what i can do because to be honest thats false advertising

Not really. My Asus P8Z68-V LE said the same thing on the box way before a BIOS for Ivy CPU's (or even the Ivy CPU's themselves) even existed. It's fine to say that it will support it because it will, just with a BIOS update.

I'll say this though, you should have just gotten a Z77 board that's guaranteed to work straight out of the box with Ivy CPU's. Like I said, ALL Z68's need a BIOS update to be used with Ivy CPU's.

Status
Not open for further replies.