Need a mobo for my build! z77!

So this is my first build, and im looking for a z77 motherboard for an i5 3570k.

So far, my list contains:
- i5 3570k cpu
- Sapphire radeon hd 6850 gpu
- samsung 830 64 gb sata 3 ssd
- mushkin enhanced redline 1866 8gb ram
- wdc black 1 tb hd.

I still need a case, psu, and motherboard. I decided to start with the motherboard.

Any suggestions? Or any sugesstions with the list? So far i like what i have, and the mushkin ram is only 57$ for pretty high quality sticks. Im hoping for the motherboard to be around 100-150$, the lower the better. It'd be pretty awesome if the board had 1 pata slot for my cd drive, but if not its fine. Cd drives are like 20-30$ anyway.
11 answers Last reply
More about need mobo build
  1. ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157293
    UEFI BIOS, 8 + 4 Power Phase Design, which would be good for OC'ing.
    Supports AMD CrossFireX & NVidia SLI
    All in all, its got lots of good features, which makes it a good Z77 motherboard for that price range.
  2. I wouldn't buy ASRock Z77 Extreme4 it's a flawed mobo read the last page of this review http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme4_review,1.html The only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex. P.S.Not sure why Asrock still selling boards like this but for me that would make it a NO GO!As long as your cool with it then go for it they usually make solid motherboards.
  3. mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837#top
  4. From the last page of that review.
    Quote:
    So ASRock have done it again with the Z77 Extreme4 and they walk away with Gold and Amazing Value awards... The looks are there, the features are there, the performance is there and the price is there. Go and buy one!
  5. If you want a really top notch mobo that's worth it here your choices and some cost more than 150 mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543#top

    mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837#top

    mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820#top

    mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545#top
  6. bartholomew said:
    From the last page of that review.
    Quote:
    So ASRock have done it again with the Z77 Extreme4 and they walk away with Gold and Amazing Value awards... The looks are there, the features are there, the performance is there and the price is there. Go and buy one!
    Did you read the other part the only negative I have for this motherboard is that it slips outside of typical ATX specifications. It’s 3cm thinner than a standard ATX motherboard and as a result may lack secure mounting on the far side since this isn’t a common size, which also means you should be very careful when plugging in the 24-pin ATX motherboard power – as the motherboard may flex.
  7. bigcyco1 said:
    Did you read the other part

    :D Of course.

    But you gotta understand, that it isn't that significant, "it may lack secure mounting on the far side". If it were an imp. issue, then they wouldn't really had recommended it.
    ASRock, or any top motherboard manufacturer, wouldn't make a motherboard which would bend/break just like that

    Its a good, solid board for that price range.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asrock-z77-extreme6-extreme4_11.html#sect0
  8. bigcyco1 said:
    If you want a really top notch mobo that's worth it here your choices and some cost more than 150 mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128543#top

    mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837#top

    mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131820#top

    mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545#top


    What do you guys think about these mobos? Which one is number 1, and how would it compare to the extreme4?
  9. The ASRock extreme4 has similar features with a smaller price tag.
    I would choose the extreme4.
    It looks good, Overclocks well, has Crossfire/SLI support & more similar features for $135
    If I wanted to spend that much on a Z77 motherboard I'd probably spend some more,
    ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
  10. Whoah there. I definitely don't need either of those; I'm using the z77 for a reason, those are socket 2011 prices.
  11. bartholomew said:
    :D Of course.

    But you gotta understand, that it isn't that significant, "it may lack secure mounting on the far side". If it were an imp. issue, then they wouldn't really had recommended it.
    ASRock, or any top motherboard manufacturer, wouldn't make a motherboard which would bend/break just like that

    Its a good, solid board for that price range.
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asrock-z77-extreme6-extreme4_11.html#sect0
    I would hope Asrock wouldn't do that i love that company :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Build Intel i5 Product