Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Computer frozen with no video

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
July 9, 2012 5:31:12 AM

help guys, my system has been freezing lately. Every time it freezes, my video turns off and the gpu fan would speed up to the max! what is going on?! i try to click num lock and stuff but lights stays the same, meaning no response. this has happened while i was in BIOS also. everything is updated too! including BIOS. Here is my stats:

my specs are:
asrock 970 Extreme3
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
AMD Phenom II X4 980
Western Digital 500 gb HD - Win 7 OS
2 OCZ SSD
8gb G.Skill Sniper series RAM
Sound blaster Audigy SE

More about : computer frozen video

a c 462 V Motherboard
July 9, 2012 5:47:34 AM

have you tried another video card or power supply..the issue sounds like a bad card or bad power getting to the video card/mb.
m
0
l
July 9, 2012 6:30:46 AM

smorizio said:
have you tried another video card or power supply..the issue sounds like a bad card or bad power getting to the video card/mb.


I dont have extra parts to test it. is this showing as over powered? under vcore, the right side number exceed left side number. idk what vcore is orhow to read it.:



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
m
0
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
July 9, 2012 8:38:52 AM

The 12 volt is under 12v even if it still within 0,5v the tolerance but it will drop more when it run at 50%++ capacity

It maybe not the reason for the freezing but u have to be careful of the psu...

m
0
l
July 9, 2012 4:27:33 PM

rdc85 said:
The 12 volt is under 12v even if it still within 0,5v the tolerance but it will drop more when it run at 50%++ capacity

It maybe not the reason for the freezing but u have to be careful of the psu...



I think the cpu is under 1% load atm becuase this is in the bios and no program is running? So is that mean if i was to run a program, the voltage will increase and exceed/ over powering the psu?
m
0
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
July 9, 2012 8:40:54 PM

use open hardware monitor or hardware monitor and turn on logging and use your pc. when the pc locks up or hangs look at windows error log for the error and time and look at hardware monitor logs to see the pc temps and voltage at time of the error.
also download memtest86 and run it overnight when you go to bed.
m
0
l
July 9, 2012 9:48:38 PM

smorizio said:
use open hardware monitor or hardware monitor and turn on logging and use your pc. when the pc locks up or hangs look at windows error log for the error and time and look at hardware monitor logs to see the pc temps and voltage at time of the error.
also download memtest86 and run it overnight when you go to bed.



Ill do that when i get home. Thanks in adv
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 12:45:54 AM

smorizio said:
use open hardware monitor or hardware monitor and turn on logging and use your pc. when the pc locks up or hangs look at windows error log for the error and time and look at hardware monitor logs to see the pc temps and voltage at time of the error.
also download memtest86 and run it overnight when you go to bed.



How do I enable open hardware monitor to log data automatically ?
m
0
l
a c 462 V Motherboard
July 10, 2012 7:03:56 AM

i thought it had it...is does not...you may want ask the people that made the software to add it in.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
July 31, 2012 1:28:22 PM

it had in hwmonitor pro, In tools -> logs -> start recording -> run some games -> stop recording. the logs will presented in graph...
m
0
l
!