Solved

Motherboard Compatibility

Hello, this is my first time posting in a forum like this, and my first time building a computer from scratch. I got a DIY combo from Newegg, but the memory they had in the combo as well as the graphics card that I bought separately they said were incompatible with the motherboard I had. So I'm sending the motherboard back and looking for a new one that will be compatible with:

A HIS brand Radeon HD 6670, 1GB GDDR5, PCI Express 2.1 graphics card

and

4 GB (2GBx2) of G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 PC3-128000, CL 9-9-9-24 1.5V, F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

The Motherboard I had was an ASUS M4A88t-M, and according to the newegg representative that I talked to, the graphics card and the memory are not compatible with that motherboard. Please help!

Oh, the Processor that I have is an AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, AM3 socket
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard compatibility
  1. the memory and graphics card would have worked fine with that motherboard

I suspect you misunderstood the rep
  2. Really? I guess they must have been wrong then. So if they were compatible, then why didn't the PC start? Could it be a bad motherboard? (Sorry for asking stupid questions, this is my first computer i'm trying to build...)
  3. Best answer
    Its impossible for me to tell you why your computer did not start

but if you go to
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/288241-31-faqs-build-advice-buyer-guides-troubleshooting

there is advice on how to troubleshoot a build that does not work
  4. Thanks outlander! That trouble shoot section actually helped me to fix the problem! Thanks you are the best!!! :-D
  5. Best answer selected by NERVling.
Ask a new question

Read More

Compatibility Motherboards Components