Antec Earthwatts 500w with Z77x

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys,

I recently bought a Z77X UD3H. Everything is installed, just the cables are not plugged in to the motherboard.

I am using a Antec Earthwatts 500w PSU, and I've been looking up instructions just hoping someone had made one. No luck.
The cables don't fit together, I've compared it with my old motherboard, a P5K Pro, everything fits perfectly on that computer.

Is it possible to use these two together? I don't really want to have another trip to the stores again, I've been there for about 5 times in a row for the past week. Not very happy.

Thanks guys.

The antec should have a standard 24 pin connector and either a 4 or 8 pin 12v connector for the port next to the cpu. A 4 pin connector will sometimes work fine in the 8 pin port, if that's what your board has. I've even used a 20 pin connector on a 24 pin port with no problems. Check to see if 4 pins of the 24 pin were separated for usage on your old board, and snap them back in place if needed to make 24 pins again.

ProdigyInspired

Honorable
Jul 2, 2012

The problem is, I don't know which cables go to what pin. The cables aren't even labelled >_<