Closed Solved

I am confused

i am an architecture student and i need to upgrade my system

Approximate Purchase Date: next 1 months

Budget: 400-500$

System Usage: ( 3dsmax,archicad,lumion,revit....etc (architecture programs and rendering) and of course gaming like civ5 and bf3 ;D)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: (1920x1080)

i already have hd radeon 5750 and i am satisfied with it
also i have OCZ500SXS2 500w
and no need a new hard dive

what i want to buy ;

--Intel® Core™ i5-3450 3.1GHz 6MB Cache Processor
--G.skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 1.5v or( if i find CORSAIR , kingston )

so i am confused with these two motherboards which is better ??

P8B75-V or
GA-B75M-D3H
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8B75V/#specifications
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150#ov
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about confused
  1. Best answer
    The b75 board is more than adequate for a non overclocker; if you want more zip in your system, at some point, get an ssd, especially if your main files take up around 100 gb; the 120 gb ssd's are going for around $80 now.
  2. o1die said:
    The b75 board is more than adequate for a non overclocker; if you want more zip in your system, at some point, get an ssd, especially if your main files take up around 100 gb; the 120 gb ssd's are going for around $80 now.

i am planning to get big ssd .. my problem is to get b75 asus or gigabyte i put the links...... and one thing that made me confused that when i put a pci under my vga card it get so hot , and the gigabyte b75m (that is available in my country) has pci so close to the pci express
  3. Good point, but do you really need the pci slot? Pci is almost a dead interface, unless you mean pci-e 1.0.
  4. o1die said:
    Good point, but do you really need the pci slot? Pci is almost a dead interface, unless you mean pci-e 1.0.

PCI slot (for sound card or wifi card) not the small one ....maybe the solution is pci cable but i don't prefer it anyways ... and keep in mind gigabyte is cheaper here
  5. Best answer selected by DQTX.
  6. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards