Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

(Urgent) I able to connect to certain sites. Virus? Firewall Issue?

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
December 12, 2011 9:57:13 AM

Hello,
My connection seems to be fine since I can connect to certain sites such as this one. However the sites that I want to go to are unable to load. Now I have three computers and I tested out on all three of them same issues. This has really become concerning. Not sure if a virus change my modem settings or anything.

The connection has timed out For example :



The server at dancing-mad.enjin.com is taking too long to respond.
or
The server at forums.mozillazine.org is taking too long to respond.




The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.



Just some information I am running window 7 on all my computers.
The one I am typing on now I ran a enum process on it for firewall check it says :

Windows Firewall is on
antispy process from Microsoft Windows Defender detected


More about : urgent connect sites virus firewall issue

December 12, 2011 10:49:41 AM

Also this has been going on for two days now. I thought it was just some server thing but its not. Something in preventing me into going to the sites I want to go to. And on all computers as well.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2011 11:48:58 AM

Do you have a capped service from your ISP? Have you exceeded some preset limit?
Score
0
December 12, 2011 11:55:45 AM

Try the command "ping 209.59.169.27" without the quotes. The try
"ping dancing-mad.enjin.com" without the quotes. The first one is
pinging the site by IP address, the second by DNS name. I suspect something is
redirecting certain names. What results do you get from the commands?
Score
0
December 12, 2011 12:00:56 PM

Just as an FYI, I am having the very same problem with 3 computers and the site I cannot get to is one I use for my business all day long....the main site that really matters !
Score
0
December 12, 2011 12:21:58 PM

barrie1128 said:
Just as an FYI, I am having the very same problem with 3 computers and the site I cannot get to is one I use for my business all day long....the main site that really matters !

Have you tried more than one web browser? What happens when you try to connect to the site you are trying to get to, does it re-direct you somewhere else?
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:06:12 PM

Jim_L9 said:
Try the command "ping 209.59.169.27" without the quotes. The try
"ping dancing-mad.enjin.com" without the quotes. The first one is
pinging the site by IP address, the second by DNS name. I suspect something is
redirecting certain names. What results do you get from the commands?



Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Andrew>ping 209.59.169.27

Pinging 209.59.169.27 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 209.59.169.27:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),



C:\Users\Andrew>ping 209.59.169.27

Pinging dancing-mad.enjin {209.59.169.27 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 209.59.169.27:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Users\Andrew>
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:06:50 PM

Herr_Koos said:
Do you have a capped service from your ISP? Have you exceeded some preset limit?


No I h aver verizon fios this has never happen to me before.
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:28:13 PM

I tried reseting my modem did not work.
Note : I have another (lets say fourth computer but I do not own it) The computer in the house hold which was apparently infected with a virus (the one that pretends to be a security software) Unfortunatly I could not even format that system since it was so screw up. So I on hold it. Not sure how long it has been infected. Is it possible it could of screw my modem as well?
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:35:36 PM

It is a networking issue. Can you check the configuration of your router? Are you connected via an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection? Can you ping your router?
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:46:47 PM

Jim_L9 said:
It is a networking issue. Can you check the configuration of your router? Are you connected via an Ethernet cable or a wireless connection? Can you ping your router?


I dont know how to do any of those things. The modem is a wireless router. Maybe I should call my isp and see
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:57:11 PM

At a command prompt type "ipconfig /all" and look for the IP address of the default gateway. Ping the address for your default gateway, does it work? What does the output of the "ipconfig all" command look like? If your subnet mask is set up incorrectly that could cause your problems. It would probably be faster to get your ISP to look at it and fix it.
Score
0
December 12, 2011 1:58:55 PM

I am having the same issue. I have tried all of the browsers. I am connected using Verizon Fios and cannot access my key website that I use for work everyday. I have 3 computers plus my phone that go thru the router and nothing has worked. rebooted this and that, cleaned out cookies, etc, etc,....
Score
0
December 12, 2011 2:01:27 PM

I think I will check with Verizon to see if they have any viruses reported on their network. It is stopping me from using my Most Used application/site. Very frustrating..
Score
0
December 12, 2011 2:12:22 PM

Jim_L9 said:
At a command prompt type "ipconfig /all" and look for the IP address of the default gateway. Ping the address for your default gateway, does it work? What does the output of the "ipconfig all" command look like? If your subnet mask is set up incorrectly that could cause your problems. It would probably be faster to get your ISP to look at it and fix it.

I ping my ip - it reply 4 times saying it sent 4 and received 4 lost 0
Score
0
December 12, 2011 2:21:11 PM

What is your IP address, subnet mask and default gateway set to? I wonder if your ISP is having network issues.
Score
0
December 12, 2011 2:23:58 PM

Jim_L9 said:
What is your IP address, subnet mask and default gateway set to? I wonder if your ISP is having network issues.


I just call my ISP they said there is an outage in my area and should be back up tomorrow morning. So hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow. Thank you though for everyone trying to help me
Score
0

Best solution

December 12, 2011 2:26:35 PM

Hashio said:
I just call my ISP they said there is an outage in my area and should be back up tomorrow morning. So hopefully everything will be fine tomorrow. Thank you though for everyone trying to help me

That sure explains it.
Share
December 12, 2011 3:30:20 PM

Quote:
I have tried all the browsers. I use Verizon's FiOS connection and can not access my main site, I daily work. I have three computers, plus my phone, through the router and no work. Restart, clear the cookies.

Just call them and ask what is wrong. Might be easier to solve the issue.
Score
0
December 12, 2011 3:30:43 PM

Best answer selected by Hashio.
Score
0
December 12, 2011 4:10:06 PM

I am back up. Not sure why but must have been on the FIOS side. Thanks !
Score
0
December 12, 2011 5:03:37 PM

Good to hear.
Score
0
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
December 12, 2011 6:26:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr.
Score
0
!