Is my mobo fried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolder

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
Hello, i would appreciate if you could help me, my problem is that i think i fried my mobo but im not sure.Ok first my sistem specs:
MB:Asus p5vd2-vm se
RAM:1Gb DDR2 800 mhz Geil
Video card:Nvidia 9400gt 1Gb
Integrated sound card (realtek hd i think)
CPU:Intel pentium D dual core 3.0 ghz rated at 3.6 ghz

So one day i saw that my cpu temp is 74 degrees celsius *OMG* and i pushed down a little bit, then the temp was was 67 degrees and then i pushed harder, it lowered down to 57 degrees celsius but after that the pc went off :cry: and now when i try to turn it on the fan just spins for a second and it stops. I'm afraid that the mobo touched the metal case but idk...

Solution
20120709090646.png

koolder

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Ahh sorry i did not mentioned in the thread.I pushed down on the CPU

Can u reset the BIOS?

Reset the CMOS memory the right way as is described in the motherboard manual using the clear CMOS link with the power cord unplugged.
And when the battery is out, press the power button to discharge all the electricity from the system.
How To Clear CMOS @ http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/tp/clearcmos.htm
[flash=480,270]http://www.youtube.com/v/rdHH9KrceR0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage[/flash]

koolder

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

Thx for this vid.I'll give that a shot

Because it sits close to the RAM, and u bent the board,

it may have the RAM stick not to sit properly.

Try to re-seat it, after u tried the above. Every time u are going in the case,

u need to touch the case frame to discharge the static electricity,

so u don't damage the components!

koolder

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012

I've done all u said...still the same problem.Anyway thank u very much for ur help :D now i have learned a new thing about PC's, i didn't even know about the jumper and all that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.