Sign in with
Your question

Code 12 on Display Adapters.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 8, 2011 4:09:26 PM

I'm currently using Presario CQ42-103TU and my Graphic Cards (I'm not sure if it is?) is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Yesterday I updated my drivers using Uniblue's DriverScanner and I was asked to reboot. After I did so, my screen resolution went 'flatter' with highest resolution is only 1024x768.

After (panicking and) doing researches, I found out that the problem I'm having with screen resolution has something to do with the display driver. So I used the DriverSweeper to completely remove the driver and then reinstalled the latest version. Unfortunately, nothing changed, I'm stuck with my ugly flat screen.

After then I found out under the General tab that I'm actually dealing with the Code 12 problem:
Quote:
This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

I did more researches only to find out more about all the BIOS flash thing and suggestions on bringing my laptop to stores to fix. However I think this problem has something to do with that Uniblue's DriverScanner, it may have updated drivers that conflict (?) with my graphic card. Anyway since I'm a girl and I don't really know much about these stuff, it's really depressing knowing I'm not able to fix this problem myself. So I'm reaching out to you guys, could anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

More about : code display adapters

May 16, 2011 7:15:23 PM

im actually having the same problem my video adapter doesnt have enough resources after uniblue driverscanner had me update things if you find something out let me know too please
m
l
May 23, 2011 2:00:29 AM

Dear Torque1989 and everyone who's got the same problem (I know there're quite a few out there),

Last week I ghosted my C Drive, and everything went back to normal.
I even tried reinstall Windows, it does help too.

So I think the root of the problem is somewhere in the C Drive, however I don't know where yet (and I'm not intended to find out lol). If you guys have a ghost file or a recovery point or something that you could restore your computer/laptop to the point before the update, then God bless you. If not, well then try to reinstall the Windows instead.

I'm not saying my solutions are the only ones or the best out there, but this is what I came up with, and you see it's quite simple. Best of luck, now.

P.S: I stopped using Uniblue's *coughtroublesomecough* DriverScanner, and I don't think I'm gonna use any of their product from now on lol.
m
l
!