AMD CPU six core war

So we all see what the benchmarks say about the Bulldozer but.... Who do you think is better AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz or Phenom II X6 1100T
15 answers Last reply
More about core
  1. Currently the X6 1100T! It was competing well and winning some against the FX8150 in the release reviews!
  2. Phenom II X6, the individual cores are more powerful. 3dguru.com reviewed the 8150, 6100, and 4100.
  3. Unless you need the new AVX instructions that Zambezi offers, the PhenomII performs faster and uses less power.
  4. Were did you hear that
  5. CowboyTech91 said:
    Were did you hear that

just google "amd bulldozer review" its all over the web that they do not perform as predicted, and have worse per-core performance than the phenom II.
  6. depends , i think at 4.8-5 ghz the 6100 would tie the 1100t at 4.0-4.2 ghz, and in windows 8 should definitly beat it in most new games. the 6100 is more future proof.
  7. If you can afford and know how to install watercooling and have a 1000 watt psu handy then get the Bulldozer. ¬_¬
  8. Well relatively speaking, AMD Bulldozer doesn't consume as much power as a real bulldozer.

Good for marketing.
  9. If you're cooling it with air that it'd be just as loud.

I love AMD but bulldozer was just...too much for me T_T
  10. You can also multitask very easily and safely on the AMD Bulldozer - not really a good idea on a real bulldozer though.
  11. I'm just disappointed that my motherboard refuses to support Am3+ CPUs when it was marketed as supporting the such.
  12. What board is that?
  13. Some work with a BIOS update but they underperform by 5-10%
  14. polyzp said:
    depends , i think at 4.8-5 ghz the 6100 would tie the 1100t at 4.0-4.2 ghz, and in windows 8 should definitly beat it in most new games. the 6100 is more future proof.

it is not more future proof, its slower.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Bulldozer AMD