GBA Link Cable W/Pokemon Yellow

My boys are trying to use the cable link w/their pokemon yellow, but it is
not working for both... One is allowing it, while the other is not. Do
both players have to be on the same level in order for it to work? If not,
can you please tell me why it isn't working? Is there a certain way you
have to start (power on, power off,etc) in order for it to work? Please
help this clueless Mom! Thanks :)

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Ewoud van Loon" <ewoud@drogisterijmeindersma.nl> schreef in bericht
> Rachael via GamesKB.com wrote:
>> My boys are trying to use the cable link w/their pokemon yellow, but it
>> is
>> not working for both... One is allowing it, while the other is not. Do
>> both players have to be on the same level in order for it to work? If
>> not,
>> can you please tell me why it isn't working? Is there a certain way you
>> have to start (power on, power off,etc) in order for it to work? Please
>> help this clueless Mom! Thanks :)
>>

> You don't need to be in the same level,
> Just have the cable connected when you turn on the gameboy.
> Both have the same game right? What type of gameboy are you using?
> Just make sure you make it connect at about the same time.

I'm afraid you can't use the GBA game link cable to start a transfer. You
need to use an original linking cable (I might be wrong though, but as far
as I know the game only supports transferring pokemon with the Gameboy
Color, Gameboy Pocket or the Original Gameboy, and not the Advance one).