Sign in with
Your question

Monitor - Blurry only during movies, please help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 9, 2011 3:31:07 AM

I know this isn't a gpu question but I'm sure my question will be answered much quicker in this forum.

Ok so I have two 22" Asus led backlight lcd monitors.
Absolutely love them when it comes to gaming and everything else besides movies... everything is perfectly clear and sharp. Including the videos within games.

Well when I go to watch movies.. the movie appears slightly blurry.. I can live with it, it's not terribly blurry.. but it shouldn't be like this.
I can hook my pc up to my lcd tv and the movie is very clear.

I use 1920x1080 resolution on the monitor. I have tried a couple others and doesn't seem to make too much of a difference, maybe a little. (maybe there is a specific one I should try?)

If anyone could help that would be great. Thank you.

If not it's ok I mainly watch them on the tv but occasionally the wife doesn't want to watch what I'm watching :) 

More about : monitor blurry movies

a c 206 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 9, 2011 3:35:38 PM

What make/model of video card (GPU) are you using? Are your video drivers up to date? And, what application do you use to watch the movies in question?
a c 355 U Graphics card
a c 193 C Monitor
May 10, 2011 2:14:14 AM

Are you stretching a movie / video to fill the entire screen? For example, are you playing back a DVD movie that's generally stored as 720 x 480 resolution on your 1920 x 1080 monitor?

If the answer is yes, then that is the problem. When you stretch a lower resolution video source to a higher resolution screen you get video artifacts which includes slightly blurry video.
a c 153 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 10, 2011 2:34:11 AM

I'm thinking its what Jaguars said, you are probably watching a 480p or 720p video and making it full screen to stretch into 1080p of course its going to lose quality.

To add on to this belief your LCD TV is probably 720p? Is that correct? That would add to the problem (you could fullscreen before in that, and it would look fine)

Watch them in the resolution they are supposed to be in (or even smaller for better "looking" quality).
!