Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading from Corsair TX-750, suggestions needed

Last response: in Components
a b ) Power supply
October 16, 2011 12:01:57 AM

Specifically I want to get something really energy efficient that can handle some of the huge devices and fans I have connected to my system, but is also future-proof for power hungry graphics cards and a possible liquid cooling setup I plan to do in the near future. Right now I'm running an Intel 920, GTX 550 in SLI, Corsair Graphite 600T, 1 DVD burner, 1 BD-R burner, 1 SSD, and 2 HDs. When I added my SSD to my system I discovered a few dead connectors on my PSU which led me to wanting to consider the upgrade, but now I am looking at more energy efficient PSUs.

I'm heavily considering the PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950 Watt 80 Plus Silver, Seasonic X Series X850, and Corsair AX850, but I'm open to suggestions.
a c 667 ) Power supply
October 16, 2011 12:19:25 AM

The Seasonic would be my pick!
a b ) Power supply
October 16, 2011 12:22:05 AM

Seasonic X and Corsair X are the same thing and are one of the best power supplies you can get out there.

It's efficiency is still one of the best out there and its quality is impeccable. My tx750's still running strong but sad to see yours is starting to have problems as they were and are still good psu's.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
October 16, 2011 12:57:30 AM

lilotimz said:
Seasonic X and Corsair X are the same thing and are one of the best power supplies you can get out there.

It's efficiency is still one of the best out there and its quality is impeccable. My tx750's still running strong but sad to see yours is starting to have problems as they were and are still good psu's.

I've had my TX 750 a good year and a half but I think since I got my new case that's when I started having problems. I hooked up my SSD and I had numerous problems getting the BIOS to recognize it since it wouldn't even recognize the second and third HDs I had installed. I eventually discovered dead connectors in my PSU and that's when I started having problems with it.
a c 667 ) Power supply
October 16, 2011 1:23:20 AM

It comes with a warranty you know!!!!
!