Quiet Computer Fans - Nexus vs Fractal Design

edyn

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Quick question. I am building a new computer using the fractal design R3 case.
As i am trying to keep the computer as quiet as possible, I have devided to go for nexus 120mm fans, as I have read many many good reviews on how quiet they feel.

The case comes with 2 build in fans from Fractal Design, and I am getting 5 more Nexus fans (3 for the case, and 2 for the cpu's heatsink.

Now here is my question : Should i buy 2 extra nexus fans to replace the case's default fans. I haven't had found any reviews to compare noise made by fractal design's fans and nexus's. The nexus fans also comes with rubber pieces to replace screws, which the case is not using.

Has anyone used fractal design and nexus' fans? are they as quiet?

Thanks.

Solution
Most reviews i've read regarding FD cases and fans refer to the fans as quiet but with inadequate airflow.
I've read plenty regarding replacement of the fans and most go with Thermalrights.
Nexus has great fans which are really just Yate Loons oems.
Nexus(Yate Loon),Thermalright,and Scythe noise level (db) specs are reliable unlike others which are bs.
Most reviews i've read regarding FD cases and fans refer to the fans as quiet but with inadequate airflow.
I've read plenty regarding replacement of the fans and most go with Thermalrights.
Nexus has great fans which are really just Yate Loons oems.
Nexus(Yate Loon),Thermalright,and Scythe noise level (db) specs are reliable unlike others which are bs.

Solution

edyn

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010

Thanks, ill replace the stock fans for some Nexus (Their lower RPM Yate Loon actually)