Astro A40 and Amp with Asus Xonar D2X

Namagoroshi

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Hey would i need the Amp with this sound card or do you think i can only get better?

Or if i don't need the amp, Sennheiser PC360 with my sound card ?

or a better idea?

Solution
80ohm is right around the point where a small amp might be worth looking at. As a general rule, if the headphones are loud enough, then you probably don't need one.

In any case, the DT 700 Pro are [from what I've read anyways] very good headphones, so I don't see any huge reason to upgrade from them.

Namagoroshi

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Ok Nm that other stuff, whats is the best Headphones or head set for PC ( gaming/ Music )

im thinking Sennheiser PC 360 or Sennheiser HD 598, dont realy need a mic ( own one) but whats better for the sound

I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound Card in my System plz plz give me some feed back

Namagoroshi

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
OK i currently own the " Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro 80ohm" and the " Asus Xonar D2X" should i buy a preamp for the the headphones? If so what preamp would you guys suggest. Also, are theses head phones good for gaming.

Headphones option i would now go for after much research are the "ATH A900" or Ultrasone HFI-780 any other suggestion would be cool plz don't suggest headsets..

80ohm is right around the point where a small amp might be worth looking at. As a general rule, if the headphones are loud enough, then you probably don't need one.

In any case, the DT 700 Pro are [from what I've read anyways] very good headphones, so I don't see any huge reason to upgrade from them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS