Am3 socket work with am3+ cpus?

I see a lot of questions asking the opposite of this question but not this question. Im planning to by an Fx-6100 to put into my Msi 880gm-335.
7 answers Last reply
More about socket work cpus
  1. AM3+ CPUs will not be functional on AM3 MoBos.
  2. robin banks uk said:

Haha! Robin's right. BD's performance isn't great, decent at best. Until AMD and MS (yes, the OS is a factor) resolve the strange performance issue (BIOS and programs not being able to utilize or detect 8 cores/ 4 modules), I would stay away from BD. If you desperately need an upgrade or performance boost, you can always OC your CPU or get an X4 955 or above.
  3. if you already own a phenom II there is really no point, even if it did work. I wouldnt recommend anyone buy an FX processor, they are just a DUD. I'd rather show AMD, no we dont want your DUD, rather than supporting it. Then they might get the hint and re-hash their phenom II core for better performance instead of wasting their time on this architecture any longer
  4. fasty1 said:
    I see a lot of questions asking the opposite of this question but not this question. Im planning to by an Fx-6100 to put into my Msi 880gm-335.

no it wont work, if u hook up both they will blow.
  5. fasty1 said:

no it wont work, if u hook up both they will blow.
  6. MSI had announced that only a few (3 or 4 I think) of their 890fx am3 boards would have support for BD with a bios update. Given that even am3+ boards do not work with BD without a bios update, please dont expect your board to.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Socket