Some minor problems with the touchscreen of the DS

When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
against the screen.
Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is this
just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere with
gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might put my
stylus through)
9 answers Last reply
More about some minor problems touchscreen

    "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    > When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
    > touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
    > against the screen.
    > Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
    > this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
    > with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might put
    > my stylus through)

    Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!

    Are you saying your touch screen is loose?? Take it back. If your are going
    to swipe that screen (like Mario Ware-up/down motion) it would seem that
    it's just a matter of time before it gets even more lose. My screen is in
    pretty tight with no movement of looseness.
    Joe

    "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht

    > "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >> When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
    >> touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
    >> against the screen.
    >> Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
    >> this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
    >> with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might
    >> put my stylus through)
    >>

    > Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!

    Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?

    "Woobie" <joeandjulie@dslextreme.com> schreef in bericht
    > Are you saying your touch screen is loose?? Take it back. If your are
    > going to swipe that screen (like Mario Ware-up/down motion) it would seem
    > that it's just a matter of time before it gets even more lose. My screen
    > is in pretty tight with no movement of looseness.
    > Joe

    It's not loose, but it's somewhat looser than on the other side... It isn't
    noticeable if you just look at it or play with it, but when you look at it
    from the side and just push your stylus in it.
    No real problems, though. (taking it back is not an option for me...)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>> When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
    >>> touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed
    >>> firmly against the screen.
    >>> Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
    >>> this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
    >>> with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might
    >>> put my stylus through)
    >>>

    >> Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!
    >>

    > Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?

    To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all....... so
    far!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht
    >>>
    >>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!
    >>>

    >> Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?
    >>

    > To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all.......
    > so far!

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
    problems-027933.php

    You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
    eject problem...
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

    >> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht

    >>> Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?
    >>>

    >> To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all.......
    >> so far!
    >>

    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
    >
    > http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
    > problems-027933.php
    >
    > You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
    > eject problem...

    Not under a rock, I just don't bother reading many off-topic posts.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    > "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

    Or

    >>> To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at
    all.......
    >>> so far!
    >>>

    >> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
    >>
    >> http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-
    hardware-
    >> problems-027933.php
    >>
    >> You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
    >> eject problem...
    >
    > Not under a rock, I just don't bother reading many off-topic posts.

    Fair enough. Most of them were in the PS2 group anyway...
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    TheLightsAreOn wrote:

    > http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
    >
    > http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
    > problems-027933.php
    >
    > You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
    > eject problem...

    And don't forget about the off-set square button problem...

Console Gaming Touchscreen Nintendo Video Games