Some minor problems with the touchscreen of the DS

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
against the screen.
Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is this
just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere with
gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might put my
stylus through)

BlackKnight

"Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
> touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
> against the screen.
> Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
> this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
> with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might put
> my stylus through)

Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!

Are you saying your touch screen is loose?? Take it back. If your are going
to swipe that screen (like Mario Ware-up/down motion) it would seem that
it's just a matter of time before it gets even more lose. My screen is in
pretty tight with no movement of looseness.
Joe

"BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht

> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>> When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
>> touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed firmly
>> against the screen.
>> Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
>> this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
>> with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might
>> put my stylus through)
>>

> Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!

Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?

Inferno

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Woobie" <joeandjulie@dslextreme.com> schreef in bericht
> Are you saying your touch screen is loose?? Take it back. If your are
> going to swipe that screen (like Mario Ware-up/down motion) it would seem
> that it's just a matter of time before it gets even more lose. My screen
> is in pretty tight with no movement of looseness.
> Joe

It's not loose, but it's somewhat looser than on the other side... It isn't
noticeable if you just look at it or play with it, but when you look at it
from the side and just push your stylus in it.
No real problems, though. (taking it back is not an option for me...)

> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht
>>
>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>> When playing for example Mario 64, I can feel the right part of the
>>> touchscreen to be a bit looser than the other side which is placed
>>> firmly against the screen.
>>> Do you think buying a screen protector might solve this problem? Or is
>>> this just common and shouldn't I worry about it? (it doesn't interfere
>>> with gaming, but maybe one day, in an agressive mood, I unwanted might
>>> put my stylus through)
>>>

>> Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!
>>

> Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?

To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all....... so
far!

> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht
>>>
>>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Didn't take long for the DS faults to start appearing!
>>>

>> Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?
>>

> To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all.......
> so far!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
problems-027933.php

You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
eject problem...

BlackKnight

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "BlackKnight" <terry_37@NO_SPAMemail.com> schreef in bericht

>>> Ever heard of the millions of problems PSP owners gotta deal with?
>>>

>> To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at all.......
>> so far!
>>

> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
>
> http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
> problems-027933.php
>
> You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
> eject problem...

Not under a rock, I just don't bother reading many off-topic posts.

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Inferno" <magicmonster@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message

Or

>>> To be honest, no I've heard of no problems with the PSP at
all.......
>>> so far!
>>>

>> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
>>
>> http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-
hardware-
>> problems-027933.php
>>
>> You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
>> eject problem...
>
> Not under a rock, I just don't bother reading many off-topic posts.

Fair enough. Most of them were in the PS2 group anyway...

TheLightsAreOn wrote:

> http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html
>
> http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/sony-psp-hardware-
> problems-027933.php
>
> You had to have been living under a rock not to hear about the disk
> eject problem...

And don't forget about the off-set square button problem...