Kodak CX7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

A friend of my daughters upgraded and gave her their old camera, a Kodak
cx7300. As an IT professional I've grown to hate the so called
easyshare software. Is there a simpler program to download the pictures
from the camera to her computer? She's using an old 500mhz machine
running winME.

Tony

Greetings Tony,

Sorry to hear that the EasyShare software has not worked out for you. It is
always being reviewed and updated, you may want to give it another try.
Regardless, Kodak has made it easy for you to use only the camera connection
software or CCS.exe so your daughter can transfer her pictures using the WIA
Windows software or another program that might be compatible.

To get just the CCS software, Go to the Kodak website I have noted below.
Choose the 'Open' Command. The installation will begin. Wait for the Setup
Wizard to start, then choose Next, then click Custom if you do not have the
software on your system. In the Custom screen, you can choose what you want
to install. The top choice will be the CCS option. Choose it and not the
rest. That portion only will install.

You can then associate the rest of your image files to whatever program you
like. If you would like me to review EasyShare with you, as the cameras
have some nice feature that will work with it, let me know. It really is a
good program.

Talk to you soon, Tony,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Anthony W" <technojock@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> A friend of my daughters upgraded and gave her their old camera, a Kodak
> cx7300. As an IT professional I've grown to hate the so called
> easyshare software. Is there a simpler program to download the pictures
> from the camera to her computer? She's using an old 500mhz machine
> running winME.
>
> Tony

Hey Tony,

Sorry I forgot to give you the URL