Sandy E no PCIe 3.0

illumm

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
will this be a problem for musicians like myself, lots of music hardware is going to be PCIe3.0 in the future and it feels a little limiting.

Also the wattage and temps of Sandy E seem rediculous, maybe I should wait for a possible 8 core Ivy Bridge?

I make orchestra music with intensive libraries - www.soundsonline.com and can utilize 30+ rams easily since the samples are streamed and kept in RAM.
I will most likely wan't a pre amp with at least one mic and line input, and a great sound card.

Will having PCIe 3 help me avoid buffer clicks and pops, latency issues, etc?

Thanks!

this might give you some info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-3960x-x79-performance,3026-2.html

Update: After this piece went up, several credible sources confirmed that Sandy Bridge-E's PCIe actually is 8 GT/s-capable; Intel just hasn't gone through the validation process yet. From what I'm told, there will be a second batch of processors in '12 that follows what we see at launch, and those will receive the official third-gen blessing. Until then, it'll have to be up to motherboard vendors to claim (or not) PCIe 3.0 compliance.

With all of that said, the platform in this story was still not set up for PCIe 3.0.

TRENDING THREADS