Motherboard does not align with standoffs on HAF 912 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Hello,
Im using a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 motherboard which im attempting to install in a Cooler Master HAD casing. The problem is that i cannot make all the stand offs align sufficiently to secure the motherboard to the tray.
There are 9 possible standoffs - my motherboard can potentially use 7 of which only 3 align sufficiently to be secured to the tray. The entire upper region, including the place of my sizeable A70 Corsair CPU Cooler, cannot seem to be aligned properly. Does anybody have an idea as to what do do? It occured to me that i might secure the upper mobo region with strips instead of using the standoffs. Is this a viable option?

Thanks in advance

Solution

If the upper left hole one is 2-4mm off to the right from the stand off, its OK, u need to push the mobo in the opening on the left, that is the inside of the rear panel, where is USB ports and audio .....

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Damnit, my bluetooth does not seem to be working and every pic i attempt to send to my mail isn't recieved.

Well, i think i misunderstood you - i could try that, but there is no way that i can align more than 4 standoffs, tops. Is this a common problem or am i just being a newb?

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Hmm - tried to install it according to the letter coding. Didn't work - i ended up with the same problem. The three standoffs in the rear, running parallel to the backpanel, cannot be reached without putting alot of strain on pushing the mobo into place.

Sorry for the over-posting btw. For some reason i cant edit my posts.

Is that the set up u have? Do u have the CPU in upper part of the case?
Cooler-Master-HAF-912-8-l.jpg

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Yes, exactly - and i have the CPU in the upper part of the case.
It seems that the upper left standoff is is located farther to the right than the 'G' and 'J' below it.

More to the point my mother board only spans two of the stand offs and not all three. Furthermore, i cannot lodge the two upper standoffs properly without losing my alignment with the lower ones.

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
2-4 milimetres depending on their location. Through herculean effort i can ALMOST screw them into place - but it is at a strain that does not seem 'natural' to lodge the motherboard into.

note: 2 milimetres is the equivalent of 0,078 inches (according to google) in case you're from the states

If the upper left hole one is 2-4mm off to the right from the stand off, its OK, u need to push the mobo in the opening on the left, that is the inside of the rear panel, where is USB ports and audio .....

Solution

gulex

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2007
Finally! I've gotten 6/7 possible standoff positions on the mobo mounted. It turned out to be a newbies fear of violence - its all sitting neat and tight now. The one farthest to the right, corresponding to the lower right on the picture, is not mounted however since it does not correspond to any stand off positions. Will this be a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.