Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can someone explain this to me?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
October 16, 2011 3:14:59 PM

My friend has an Intel Dual Core CPU and a good videocard (don't know what it is).
I had a Core 2 Duo CPU @2.13ghz

Here's the thing, I recently upgraded to AMD Athlon II 440 @3.0 ghz so I can play high end games, starting with Call of Duty Black Ops. I lent my friend the game and he can run it without lag.

What's the meaning of this?

More about : explain

a c 851 à CPUs
October 16, 2011 3:52:29 PM

I do not understand your question! A fast dual core with a good GPU should run that fine!
m
0
l
October 16, 2011 3:58:48 PM

rolli59 said:
I do not understand your question! A fast dual core with a good GPU should run that fine!

My friend has a Dual Core CPU that can run Black Ops. Minimum system requirement for call of duty black ops is Core 2 Duo @2.40ghz.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2011 4:12:48 PM

You don't even know what speed your friend has and you're wondering why he can run the game?
Requirements for the game are just for estimates, developers can't do every configuration that's on the market. Once you have a good CPU and GPU as rolli59 mentioned games will run fine.

I have a quad core at 2.66GHz but this game I play says I must have a Pentium 4 3GHz. The game does some test and says I can't play the game because my CPU failed. Well the game ran smooth at 1920x1200 with everything cranked up...
m
0
l
October 16, 2011 4:26:53 PM

lp231 said:
You don't even know what speed your friend has and you're wondering why he can run the game?
Requirements for the game are just for estimates, developers can't do every configuration that's on the market. Once you have a good CPU and GPU as rolli59 mentioned games will run fine.

I have a quad core at 2.66GHz but this game I play says I must have a Pentium 4 3GHz. The game does some test and says I can't play the game because my CPU failed. Well the game ran smooth at 1920x1200 with everything cranked up...

My friend has Intel Dual Core 2.80ghz overclocked to 3.0ghz. All the lies CanYouRunIt.com said cost me $60! I shouldn't have upgraded my CPU
m
0
l
October 16, 2011 4:42:35 PM

So the mobo with intel dual core 2.8ghz and mobo with AMD Athlon II 440 @3.0 ghz are not letting u to play the game? is'nt? You may be on on-board graphics. Try a Good GPU like ATI Radeon HD 5670.
m
0
l
October 16, 2011 4:46:51 PM

arunmohan said:
So the mobo with intel dual core 2.8ghz and mobo with AMD Athlon II 440 @3.0 ghz are not letting u to play the game? is'nt? You may be on on-board graphics. Try a Good GPU like ATI Radeon HD 5670.

I have ATI Radeon HD 5450, gonna upgrade to 5570.. Is that a good GPU? At least a GPU that can give high FPS in games
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
October 16, 2011 4:57:55 PM

bayonet14 said:
My friend has Intel Dual Core 2.80ghz overclocked to 3.0ghz. All the lies CanYouRunIt.com said cost me $60! I shouldn't have upgraded my CPU


That site looks at numbers, not by your CPU
Like a game wants a dual core @ 3.2GHz and you have a quad at 2.8GHz
The site will say you cannot run the game
5570 is too weak for games you're playing
m
0
l
a c 471 à CPUs
October 16, 2011 8:12:57 PM

bayonet14 said:
I have ATI Radeon HD 5450, gonna upgrade to 5570.. Is that a good GPU? At least a GPU that can give high FPS in games


The Radeon HD 5450 is the slowest video card in the Radeon HD 5xxx series. It is considered to be a multimedia video card rather than a gaming video card. The HD 5570 will give you better performance than the HD 5450, but it is still not considered to be a gaming card.

The resolution that you will be playing at will determine the minimum video card you need to have. The higher the resolution, the more powerful the card you will need. Also, the higher graphics quality settings in the game, the more powerful video card you will need.

Can you play the game with the lowest resolution and lowest graphic settings?
m
0
l
October 17, 2011 2:27:53 AM

jaguarskx said:
The Radeon HD 5450 is the slowest video card in the Radeon HD 5xxx series. It is considered to be a multimedia video card rather than a gaming video card. The HD 5570 will give you better performance than the HD 5450, but it is still not considered to be a gaming card.

The resolution that you will be playing at will determine the minimum video card you need to have. The higher the resolution, the more powerful the card you will need. Also, the higher graphics quality settings in the game, the more powerful video card you will need.

Can you play the game with the lowest resolution and lowest graphic settings?

My monitor's max resolution is 1366x768, I have 600 watts power supply and 4GB RAM
m
0
l
a c 851 à CPUs
October 17, 2011 2:29:22 AM

bayonet14 said:
My monitor's max resolution is 1366x768, I have 600 watts power supply and 4GB RAM

For that if you can go with HD6770 you would be all set!
m
0
l
!